National Erasmus + Office in Albania (NEO)
Recruitment of the Local Coordinator
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme that supports projects, partnerships, mobility and dialogue in education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020. Built on the experience and success of existing programmes, it aims at boosting skills and employability, as well as modernising Education, Training, and Youth work in the EU and in its partner countries all over the world. Erasmus+ includes a strong international dimension notably in the fields of higher education and youth.
The National Erasmus+ Offices (NEO) assist the Commission, the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), and the Partner Country authorities concerned in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. Their mandate covers all supporting, promotion, monitoring and dissemination activities related to the international dimension of Erasmus+ activities in higher education (Credit Mobility, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees, Capacity-building Higher Education, Jean Monnet).
For additional information on Erasmus +, please consult:
Recruitment of a local coordinator for the National Erasmus+ Office in Albania (NEO)
The Erasmus+ Programme is managed by the European Commission with the support of its Executive Agency (EACEA) in Brussels.
The Albanian Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MOESY), the EU Delegation to Albania and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) are launching a procedure to recruit a new local coordinator for the NEO.
Start date for Employment: 01 April 2020
Contract duration: Until 31/12/2020
Salary: Maximum monthly gross salary: 1.950€ to be adjusted in accordance with seniority/previous experience of the candidate.
Workload: Full time, position (100%). This position is not compatible with other employments.
Description of the post:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the following activities:
· Promotion, information and follow up of Erasmus+ and other relevant EU programmes (like Maria Sklodowska): to inform the higher education institutions and all other interested parties about developments regarding EU programmes of interest to the higher education field; organise information campaigns and training sessions; update and maintain a website on upcoming calls for proposals, promotion material and activities, etc.
· Advice and support to potential applicants at local level interested to apply for Erasmus + in the field of higher education; provide assistance to find partners.
· Project monitoring: establish and maintain contacts with grant holders in Albania; follow-up and monitor on-going projects in Albania and timely report to EACEA; provide advice and assistance to grant holders on administrative and fiscal matters in Albania (e.g. tax, customs, purchase of equipment, etc.) as well as on the grant agreement provisions and visa arrangements; follow-up the sustainability of completed projects; support the dissemination of project results.
· Follow up of higher education issues: Follow the activities of the Erasmus+ Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs); draft briefing papers and notes, as well as reports on the implementation and progress of projects in which the higher education institutions in Albania are involved.
· Administration of the NEO: Organize and manage the Erasmus+ Office in full respect of the NEO Code of Conduct and terms of reference. Manage the technical and administrative staff; establish the rules and procedures for the functioning of the office; monitor the NEO budget and follow up financial issues; use the resources available for a proper functioning of the NEO; represent the Erasmus+ programme towards the Ministries, universities and external stakeholders; support the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs); draft NEO implementation reports.
· Coordination: Cooperate and closely liaise with the Executive Agency (EACEA), EU Delegation and the European Commission (2-3 coordination meetings per year in Brussels); establish effecting working relations with the other NEOs in partner countries and Erasmus+ National Agencies in the Erasmus+ programme countries*; collaborate with the local authorities, Ministries, Erasmus+ contact persons in the universities, in the respect of respective competences of each entity; liaise with other bodies, donors and organisations operating in higher education.
Minimum requirements for the post
· University Master degree; a PhD would be an advantage;
· At least 5 years of project management experience, some of which with international projects. Project management experience in higher education will be considered an asset.
· Experience in public administration in the field of HE in Albania or abroad will be considered an asset.
· Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills;
· Excellent language skills: oral and written fluency in English and Albanian;
· Experience as team leader. Team spirit, commitment as well as a strong sense of initiative;
· Very good knowledge of the local and international environment and the higher education sector in the region;
· Readiness to travel inside and, occasionally, outside Albania.
Other experience to be considered:
· Experience in training and communication;
· Good computer literacy (word, excel, power point).
How and Where to apply
Motivation letter and CV(europass format) to be sent to the following email address:
Please mention the following in your email subject title: "Application – NEO-Albania"
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2020, midnight Brussels time
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to each applicant.
Interviews planned: March 2020
The selection of the candidates will be carried out by a Selection Committee composed by representatives of the Albanian Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MOESY), the EU Delegation in Albania and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The selection will be organised in two steps:
The Selection Committee will analyse the motivation letter and CVs of eligible applicants on the basis of which it will invite to an interview a shortlist of candidates;
The Selection Committee will hold interviews with the persons shortlisted in order to assess the candidate's competences, specialist knowledge and motivation required for performing the duties.
The Selection Committee will then propose the name of the candidate to be confirmed jointly by the Albanian Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MOESY), the EU Delegation and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
In addition, a reserve list of candidates may be established.
Please note that the Selection Committee's work and deliberations are strictly confidential and that any contact with its members is strictly forbidden.
The European Commission applies a policy of equal opportunities.
* Erasmus+ programme countries refer to the 28 EU Member States and any other country that has signed an agreement with the European Commission in order to become a country participating in full in the programme; for the time being these countries are Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey, the Republic of North Macedonia and Serbia).