In the framework of the Brussels Conferences for Supporting the Future of Syria and the Region, non-governmental and civil society organisations from Syria, the region and beyond, usually prepare and share with the Conference organisers a great deal of reports, policy papers and advocacy statements.
This year, a specific online repository has been created by the EU to make those reports available to the public.
The material below is listed in the order they were received. The repository will be updated as new contributions are received.
The reports and other materials listed in this repository do not reflect the views of the European Union, and their content is the sole responsibility of the non-governmental and civil society organisations that have submitted them.
1. Analysis and Strategic Studies Organization: The Emergence and Development of the Kurdish Political Movement in Syria
2. Syrian Legal Development Programme: May News Roundup
6. Maya Vafki: Trauma Informed schools
7. Sadad Humanitarian Organization: Sadad Humanitarian Organization
9. Oper Tayf: Oper Tayf Report
11. Syrian Civilization Foundation: Coordination Committee Meeting - Principles and Recommendations; Supporting the return of the people - the minutes of the first workshop; Draft: protection from sexual harrasment and abuse; Factsheet; The outputs of the workshop promoting women in Syrian society (in Arabic)
12. Lebanon Humanitarian INGO Forum: Taking on the Triple Crisis
14. Syrian National Democratic Opposition: 28-mjm_lshbb_lltdryb_lmhny_wd_lthyl_wlbn_wltgyyr.pdfYouth complex for vocational training, rehabilitation, construction and change; Supporting livelihoods and economic recovery in Syria and the region (in Arabic)
15. SLDP Syrian Legal Development Programme: Policy Brief- The Role of Syrian Businesses in Conflict_Related Human Rights Abuses; Policy Brief- HLP Rights_Migration_and Business Activity in Syria
16. The Hague Institute for the Innovation of Law (HiiL): SJIP Covid-19 Report
19. World Vision: Stolen Future-War and Child Marriage in Northwest Syria
20. Norwegian People's Aid: Syria Position Paper Brussels IV Conference June 2020; Annex II_Letter from NWS organisations to Brussels Conference; Updated list of the 124 NGOs who signed the letter of 93; Annex I_Letter from 124 NES organisations to Brussels Conference; Annex III_Survey about Syrian youth priorities for Brussels Conference conducted by NWS actors
21. Door Beyond War: Grassroots recommendation letter prepared by youth of change network
25. International Rescue Committee: A Decade In Search of Work: A review of policy commitments for Syrian refugees’ livelihoods in Jordan and Lebanon; Into the unknown: listening to Syria’s displaced in the search for durable solutions; Letter on cross border by CEOs; UN Security Council Must Act to Ensure Syrians are not Deprived of Lifesaving Aid Amidst Global Pandemic; Joint NGO Statement: Urgent Action is needed by the U.N. Security Council to ensure aid reaches North East Syria
27. IMPACT: Invisible sanctions: how over-compliance limits humanitarian work on Syria (available in Arabic too)
28. Tevna Kurdi: Brussels Conference B4C Hopes and Challenges for the Future (available in Arabic too)
29. ALEF - act for human rights & PASC WG Persons Affected by the Syrian Crisis Working Group: PASC Brief - Child Protection; PASC Brief - Forced Evictions; PASC Brief - Deportations; PASC Brief - Right to Work
30. AVSI Foundation: Middle East_Position Paper
31. Baytna: Baytna's Partner recommendations
32. Voices of the Displaced Syrians Forum: Into the Unknown_NGO Durable Solutions Report; Final_Syrian CIV SOC paper on Displacement and Solution for B4C; VDSF COVID statement
34. Reseach Center for Cooperation and Peace Building: Syria should be divided into three zones of foreign influence; Oases of peace and prosperity in war torn Syria; UN-run safe zones could offer way out of Syria conflict
35. Caesar Families: Statement from the Caesar Families