The EU delegation in the Republic of Korea is one of the 137 EU diplomatic missions located around the world.
The Role of the Delegation
- To represent the Union, as appropriate, in the Republic of Korea.
- To inform the European Union on political, social, economic, external relations and trade developments in the Republic of Korea and, in this regard, to maintain contact with the principal players in the fields of politics and public life generally, the economy, business, civil society and higher education.
- To ensure a smooth and fruitful development of bilateral relations in the political, economic, commercial and co-operation fields and to seek to develop and encourage initiatives to promote co-operation under the Framework Agreement
- To monitor and ensure implementation of the EU-Republic of Korea Free Trade Agreement
- To promote and protect the EU’s interests and values and to spread knowledge and raise awareness of developments in the EU, its policies, purposes and aims with a view to engendering a better understanding of EU affairs and establishing a higher profile for the EU.
- To promote the EU’s policies in all areas.
- To foster close co-operation on EU matters with Member States’ missions via regular meetings at Ambassador, Counsellor, Information and Administration Officer levels.
- To carry out press and information activities in pursuit of the above objectives.