CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP
The European Union Delegation to the Republic of South Africa is looking for interested companies/organisations that would like to sponsor the following events organised by the EU Delegation by providing goods or services (in-kind corporate sponsoring):
- This year the EU Delegation is hosting its annual Europe Day reception in Pretoria on 20 May 2019 (lunchtime - exact timing to be confirmed).
Europe Day, also referred to as "Schuman Day", is an annual celebration of peace and unity in Europe. During this celebration we bring together more than 500 European and South African dignitaries and international partners.
- For the occasion of the SONA (State of the Nation Address) after the national elections in South Africa the EU Delegation is hosting a reception in Pretoria during the second week of June 2019 (+/- 250 invitees - date and timing to be confirmed).
- The EU Delegation will also host a reception for the occasion of the SONA in February 2020, in Cape Town (+/- 250 invitees - date and timing to be confirmed).
These events are an excellent opportunity for companies/organisations to promote their image, brands/activities through corporate sponsorship-collaboration with the European Union Delegation to the Republic of South Africa.
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should be in line with the principles, values and commitments of the European Union.
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should not undermine EU policies in such areas as foreign policy, social, health and environment.
- The Sponsor could be public or private organisations and companies.
- Sponsors cannot entail a possible conflict with the mission and objectives of the European Union.
- The Sponsor must not be in a situation referred to in Articles 136 (1) and 141 (1) of the Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2018/1046 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 July 2018 on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union, amending Regulations (EU) No 1296/2013, (EU) No 1301/2013, (EU) No 1303/2013, (EU) No 1304/2013, (EU) No 1309/2013, (EU) No 1316/2013, (EU) No 223/2014, (EU) No 283/2014, and Decision No 541/2014/EU and repealing Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012. For this, the Sponsor is requested to provide the attached declaration on honour on exclusion and selection criteria.
What can sponsors expect from the European Union Delegation
- By signing the Corporate Sponsoring Agreement the parties agree on the terms and conditions for the corporate sponsoring.
- The sponsors will be provided with exposure and visibility in the following ways:
- Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be mentioned on the venue of the reception.
- Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be imprinted on invitation cards.
- Sponsors can expect the Head of Delegation to acknowledge their contribution in his speech.
- Sponsors will be provided with a stand in the entry hall of the event and may distribute to participants promotional material of their activities.
- The sponsors will receive a number of invitations to offer to their contacts, after prior notification of the contacts' names to the European Union Delegation for the purpose of the normal security and entry procedures.
- Sponsors will not be allowed to active marketing of their product/services nor be authorized to have sales personnel present for promotional activities during the event.
Commitments of the sponsor:
Those who are selected as sponsors will be invited to contribute to the above mentioned events in form of services or supply of goods.
Only contributions in-kind will be accepted.
Financial contributions are prohibited by the Financial Rules of the European Institutions.
Contributions could include:
- Provision of various products, such as promotion materials, food catering (possible inclusive of cutlery and crockery, napkins), drinks (possible inclusive of champagne, wine and drinking glasses), sound system, flowers, etc.
- Provision of services, such as a venue with cocktail tables, buffet tables, seating tables and chairs.
- Provision of staff support, such as waiters, event coordinator on site;
- Provision of transport.
Sponsors may suggest other forms of sponsorship in-kind.
Sponsors providing any form of food and beverages should ensure that the quality of their products offered is entirely in line with the food safety regulations in force in South Africa.
Sponsors should also ensure that their sponsoring activities are covered by liability insurance.
Corporate sponsors will not have a say on the substance of the event.
Sponsors must declare the value of the in-kind provided goods and/or services in Euro.
Publication and data processing
Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS registers all sponsorships above 1.000 EUR and registers and publishes all sponsorships above 5.000 EUR on the Delegations web-sites and official website of the EEAS.
Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. In case personal data needs to be transmitted to any sponsors, as recipient, the organisation is required to ensure the same level of data protection guaranteed by the EU data protection framework, and in particular Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Review & Selection
- The European Union Delegation to the Republic of South Africa will review the applications and will determine the organizations/companies that best align with the core objective of the events to be sponsored.
Selection criteria include a detailed sponsorship appeal in terms of goods or services provided and coherence between the sponsored EU Delegation events and promotion of the sponsor.
- The candidate shall provide a declaration on exclusion and selection criteria (attached to this call for corporate sponsorship) dully filled in, signed and dated by the legally authorised representative.
- The European Union Delegation to Republic of South Africa reserves the right not to accept proposals which, because of the nature of the sponsorship or of the sponsor's activities, are deemed incompatible with the institutional role of the European Union. The European Union Delegation to Republic of South Africa also reserves the right to refuse any sponsorship not deemed consistent with the purpose of its official events.
Submission of sponsorship applications
Companies or organisations that would like to sponsor the above mentioned events are kindly requested to send
for the attention of Mr Marcus Cornaro, Head of Delegation.
Deadline of submission: Sunday, 5 May 2019 by midnight.