CALL FOR CORPORATE SPONSORS FOR EUROPE DAY
TO BE CELEBRATED IN KIGALI ON 9 MAY 2019
The EU Delegation to Rwanda will host the annual reception to mark the celebration of the Europe Day on 9 May 2019 in EU Residence, from 18:00 onwards.
Europe Day is an annual worldwide celebration of peace and unity in Europe. In Rwanda it brings together about 400 – 500 VIPs from government, business, civil society and diplomatic community. It offers an excellent opportunity for companies/organisations to promote their image, brands and/or activities through corporate sponsorship-collaboration with the EU Delegation to Rwanda.
Companies and organisations interested to offer in-kind sponsorship (goods and/or services) for Europe Day celebration in Kigali should submit their expressions of interest/proposals by 5 April 2019 COB to: Ms Diana VAN DER BIJL, Head of Administration, EU Delegation to Rwanda at: DELEGATION-RWANDA@eeas.europa.eu.
The EU Delegation will review the applications in line with the eligibility and selection criteria listed below, and contact selected companies/organisations by 15th April 2019 in order to sign a Corporate Sponsorship Agreement. This agreement will determine specific sponsorship terms and conditions, including the provision of exposure and visibility for sponsors.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The Sponsor can be a public or private organisation or company.
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should be in line with the principles, values and commitments of the European Union and may not entail a possible conflict with the mission and objectives of the European Union.
- The Sponsor must not be in a situation referred to in Articles 136 (1) and 141 (1) of the Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2018/1046 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 July 2018 on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union.
Sponsors are informed that:
- Sponsors must declare the Euro value of their in-kind goods and/or services offered.
- The EU’s European External Action Service (EEAS) registers all sponsorships above EUR 1,000 as well as registers and publishes all sponsorships above EUR 5,000 on the relevant EU Delegation’s websites and on the official website of the EEAS.
- The EEAS processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. In case personal data needs to be transmitted to any sponsors, as recipient, the organisation is required to ensure the same level of data protection guaranteed by the EU data protection framework, and in particular Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
- Sponsors will not have a say on the substance of the event.