Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Russia?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to the Russian Federation, starting in April 2020.
- Gather and monitor daily incoming news and information;
- Analyse political and human rights developments;
- Assist in political reporting and related EU-coordination tasks on issues of domestic, foreign and bilateral relations of the EU with Russia;
- Draft background notes and reports on specific issues;
- Support the preparation and realization of political delegations' visits to Russia and for political missions of the EU Delegation within Russia;
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings upon request and report back.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Interest in – and preferably prior knowledge of – Russian and post-soviet space politics;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- Excellent English and Russian skills;
- European Union citizen.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.