- Are you a young graduate interested in international relations and communication with a cutting edge interest in social media?
- Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Peru?
- Are you available for 6 months from June, September or November 2019 onwards?
What do we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Peru, starting either in June, September or November 2019.
- Follow-up and analysis of political developments in the country;
- Contribute to political reporting and background notes on specific issues;
- Draft content for key messages, speeches, fact sheets, press releases, digital media reporting and others;
- Manage social media platforms (calendar and planning, design of post, research of contents, adds);
- Take part in seminars, meetings and events & report back;
- Assist in the organization of EU events (Europe Day, Film Festival, etc) or patronized by the EU;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish and very good analytical and drafting skills;
- Background in Political Sciences, Law and/or Public Relations;
- Expertise in engaging and activating community groups;
- Ability in informatics design and digital marketing will be considered an asset.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: Delegation-Peru-Trainees@eeas.europa.eu
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political, Press & Information Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN (2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.