The Twinning Project “Support to Digitalization Agenda in Kyrgyzstan“ is a joint project between Estonia, Italy, Finland, and Kyrgyzstan, represented by the MDD – Ministry of the Digital Development of the Kyrgyz Republic. The project is financed by the European Union’s Development Cooperation Instrument.
The overall objective of the project is to assist capacity building of the Ministry of Digital Development of the Kyrgyz Republic to manage and participate in e-governance development as well as to promote transparency and accountability.
The project is seeking an Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA)/Project Assistant, whose activities will include assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project. The duration of the contract is 21 months. The planned starting date is the November 2021.
The RTA assistant will be employed full time and stationed in Bishkek. The RTA assistant may not have or recently (past 6 months) had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration that is the Ministry of the Digital Development of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The tasks of the Project Assistant will include:
- To assist the RTA with project co-ordination and management as well as with Kyrgyzstan background knowledge for day-to-day needs;
- To support the short-term experts (STEs) visiting Kyrgyzstan in the execution of their responsibilities and tasks to deliver the project objectives, including logistics and preparation of the documents needed in support of their missions;
- To organise expert missions, events, workshops, study visits and other project activities including drafting and preparing minutes of meetings and reports;
- To prepare project documentation including documents, presentations, training materials and promotional materials;
- To arrange project information exchange, including reporting;
- To support the project’s visibility and media activities;
- To manage local level budget and keep a record of the appropriate receipts;
- To support the overall coordination of the project;
- To assist the RTA, Project Leader (PL) and STEs with language-related tasks when the project interpreter/translator is not available.
The successful candidate should have/be:
- Fluent in oral and written Kyrgyz, English and Russian;
- Strong administration and organising skills;
- Experience in project management;
- Very good computer skills (MS Office package: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams; browsers);
- Able to work as an individual contributor and within a team environment;
- Very good communication skills, enabling to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of employees and external contacts;
- A high degree of independence, strong own initiative and flexibility, discretion and professionalism;
- Strong intercultural and social competences;
- A relevant university degree.
- Previous experience in EU/international donor projects would be an advantage;
- Some knowledge in the subject matter (digital government) will be considered as an advantage;
- Translation and interpreting skills;
- Additional training, specialisation, post-graduate studies will be considered as an advantage.
Candidates should send their CV with a cover letter in English, to Mrs. Anne Nurmik to the email: email@example.com by 20 th October 2021 at the latest marked as "Kyrgyzstan RTA assistant". Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.