EUROPEAN UNION DELEGATION TO EGYPT - CAIRO
PROJECT OFFICER / PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT
INDEFINITE TERM CONTRACT
LOCAL AGENT - GROUP I
Post Nr: 100543
The Project Officer / Private Sector Development of the Economic Cooperation Section, under the directives of the Head of Section, shall perform the following tasks and will have the following profile:
Local Agent Group I
Title of the post
Project Officer /Private Sector Development
To contribute, under the supervision of the Head of Cooperation and the Head of the Economic Cooperation Section , to the conception, elaboration and implementation of development cooperation strategies and programmes in the respective area.
Functions and duties
Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming
- Contribute to the policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas related to Private Sector Development..
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of a sector strategy for the EU assistance to Egypt.
EU Delegation’s project cycle management
- Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal of EU action in the area of Private Sector Development , in close cooperation with the beneficiary institutions in Egypt.
- Contribute to the preparation of Commission’s Decisions and to the negotiation of Financing Agreements with the beneficiaries.
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting Terms of Reference, launching tenders, call for proposals, etc.).
- Monitor the implementation of ongoing local and multi-country projects, attend management and monitoring meetings, elaborate progress reports on projects and propose action if and when needed.
- Evaluate projects results in relation to the proposed action plan and objectives.
- Maintain contacts with other donors active in the host country.
Representation, Negotiation, Participation
- Maintain good and effective contacts with all relevant stakeholders in the field, namely: national authorities and institutions, representatives of the diplomatic missions of the Member States, representatives of the principal international donors, NGOs and other local non-state actors.
- Prepare and assist in missions from Headquarters.
Communication relating to programme and projects
- Produce and disseminate the results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events.
- Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences.
- Contribute to the production of publications.
- University level education of at least 4 years in business administration, economics, law.
- Thorough knowledge of both written and oral Arabic and English are essential.
- Having a good organisational capacity, communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team and being a dynamic and proactive person.
- Having good analysis capacity and judgement skills.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the project cycle, in particular project budgeting and financial report analysis would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in development cooperation and project management preferably in economic sectors whereby relevant working experience in the project area as well as political/sectorial analysis would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of the EU as well as of the cornerstones of EU-Egypt bilateral relations (Association Agreement, jointly agreed Partnership Priorities as well as the European Neighbourhood Policy and its financial instrument the European Neighbourhood Instrument).
- Familiarity with the European Union and/or other International Organisations/multicultural environment.
Applicants must fill out the EU-CV format and send it with a Motivation letter indicating the relevant professional experience to the recruitment e-mail: email@example.com until November 13th, 2019 (Please write the post number in the subject)