The European Union Delegation to Iraq is looking for:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Iraq represents the European Union in Iraq and, as a diplomatic mission, works closely with the Member State Embassies and Missions represented in Iraq. It ensures the tasks of the EU Presidency both in Baghdad and Erbil. The EU Delegation is the permanent and principal interlocutor of the EU vis-à-vis local authorities, the international community and all other stakeholders for all matters related to EU external action. The EU Delegation strives to ensure the unity, consistency and effectiveness of EU external action in Iraq. It ensures the follow-up of bilateral relations in the political, economic, trade, energy and development areas.
We offer a temporary post of Infrastructure Coordinator (minimum 12 months).
Under the coordination of the European Union Delegation’s Head of Administration:
• Degree in architecture and/or civil engineering - additional degree in project management is an advantage
• Proven minimum 5-year experience in similar kind of work, both in the coordination and technical quality control field
• Thorough knowledge of the office construction field - Experience in office construction works in the European Union is an advantage
• Thorough knowledge of office construction rules in force locally and ability to compare them to EU norms and requirements - Knowledge of the financial rules and regulations of the EU is an advantage
• Thorough knowledge of English, both written and oral – Knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Thorough knowledge of CAD software (e.g. Autocad)
• Excellent communication and coordination skills
• High level of sense of responsibility
• High level of responsibility and ability to take initiative
• High level of organization and prioritization
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent team spirit
The following will be considered an asset:
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to the attention of the Head of Administration to the functional mailbox DELEGATION-IRAQ-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu indicating as subject: Application Infrastructure Coordinator. The package should include only a cover letter, a detailed CV using the enclosed template.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-IRAQ-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu.
Applicants succeeding the first round of interviews might be invited to a second panel at a venue and date to be decided at a later stage.
Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified at this stage.
This job requires security clearance. The successful candidate will have to successfully attend a security interview prior to his/her appointment.
The Delegation would wish the successful candidate to take up his/her appointment shortly after the satisfactory completion of the selection process which is likely to be beginning of April 2021.
The deadline for applications is: March 07, 2021, at 12:00