The European Union and New Zealand share a strong historical, cultural, economic and political relationship that has grown and developed over many decades.
The Delegation in particular:
- Ensures the representation of the European Union in New Zealand.
- Maintains and develops bilateral relations in accordance with the 2007 EU-New Zealand Joint Declaration on Relations and Cooperation and the 2016 EU-New Zealand Partnership Agreement for Relations and Cooperation in the areas of political, economic, trade, development, education, research, science, and technology, transport, environment and cultural cooperation.
- Contributes to coordination with EU Member States Embassies.
- Reports back to headquarters on all matters of interest.
- Works towards increasing the visibility, awareness and understanding of the EU in New Zealand.
- Carries out press and public diplomatic activities in pursuit of the above.