Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Eastern Caribbean and whole region?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean States, the OECS, and CARICOM/CARIFORUM, starting in mid-April 2020.
- Follow political, social and economic developments in Barbados and in the OECS area and prepare reports and analyses in coordination with the Head of Section;
- Maintain close working relations with relevant counterparts –governmental agencies, think tanks, diplomatic corps, international organisations, civil society etc.;
- Participate as a note taker in meetings and conferences;
- Prepare and assist with missions from Headquarters;
- Prepare speeches and speaking notes for the Head of Delegation/Head of Section;
- Contribute to the drafting of regular reports, synthesis reports and/or briefings on good governance, democracy, rule of law, human rights etc.
- Support the preparation of the Delegation's communication activities and campaigns.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in any of the following areas: Law, Economics, Political Science, International relations.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.