This year the EU and the OACPS concluded de facto their negotiations on a new Partnership Agreement (known as “post-Cotonou), strengthening commitments on climate action and multilateral cooperation.
The Green Deal is the EU leading framework to fight climate change through ambitious policies at home and close cooperation with international partners. At the same time, the 112th OACPS Council of Ministers, adopted the Resolution on Climate Action towards COP26 reiterated the urgency of taking action to address climate change.
The high-level panel aims at:
- Highlight and provide examples that showcase how strong is the EU and the OACPs cooperation in the context of climate action.
- Recall the importance of strong joint action to address climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction.
- Inform and give maximus visibility to EU-OACP climate actions programmes.
- Engage with key stakeholders in the field of climate change active in the EU and in the OACPS.
- Generate press coverage including press releases with a joint declaration (if possible).
Objectives of the communication
Inform policy makers in EU and Members of the OACPS; stakeholders; private sector; universities; media, general public about the objectives, activities and result of the high-event
Policy makers in EU and Members of the OACPS; stakeholders; private sector; universities; CSOs, media, general public
- Show how strong is the EU and the OACPs cooperation in the context of climate action and after the conclusion of the Post Cotonou negotiations
- Strong joint action and cooperation are fundamental to address climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction. EU-OACPS are implementing joint programmes that address climate adaptation and to strengthen production, availability, delivery and application of science-based climate prediction and services.
- Addressing the huge gaps” in financing to help lower-income countries and vulnerable communities prepare for the impacts of a hotter planet
- Number of participants
- Number of views per digital channel (social media of EuropeAid/OACPS, visits on INTPA web press release)
- Number of sharing/likes/comments on social media channels
- Press reviews
- Communication task force (INTPA/CLIMA/OACPS Secretariat
- INTPA Communication Unit
- DG CLIMA Contractor for Side events at COP26