Date: March 15
Time: 2pm IST onwards
The virtual workshop will be held in the backdrop of the EU-India Think Tanks Twinning Initiative (TTTI), which has been promoting a better understanding and stimulating joint research between leading Indian and EU think tanks and academia since 2015.
The virtual peer-to-peer review workshop and discussion of recommendations will be with the authors of 11 selected policy papers. The presentation by the authors of each paper will be accompanied by a brainstorming session on concrete recommendations addressing the main challenges and opportunities for the EU-India relations.
This will be followed by a presentation of recommendations and discussion with Mr Ioannis Giogkarakis Argyropoulos, EEAS ASIAPAC.1, Head of Division and Mr Christophe Manet, EU Delegation to India, Head of Political Section.
EU-India TTTI policy papers selected:
- Zane Šime, (Latvian Association of Political Science): investing in the future of the EU-India strategic partnership
- Jan Hornat and Zachary Colin Lavengood (Charles University): Encouraging EU-India Multilateral Cooperation on AI Governance & Research
- Nicolas Köhler-Suzuki, (Jacques Delors Institute): EU-India cooperation towards a Digital Economy Partnership Agreement: A steppingstone to update the multilateral economic rulebook for the 21st Century
- Archana Choudhary (Birla Global University (BGU)): private financing in renewable energy
- Lara Klossek (Institut Barcelona Estudis Internacionals (IBEI): Capacity building and training of peacekeepers – Exploring Synergies between India and the European Union
- Swati Prabhu, (Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)): Enhancing EU-India Multilateral Cooperation at the United Nations High Table
- Prof. Dr. Ummu Salma Bava (Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)): EU-India Cooperation: Partnership for a New Multilateral Agenda
- Priyanka Bhide and Ambika Vishwanath (Kubernein Initiative): Enhanced EU-India Multilateral Cooperation – Circular Economy
- John- Joseph Wilkins (The Azure Forum): "The EU doesn’t stop at the water’s edge”: EU-India and the Indo-Pacific
- Dr. Sibapada Rath (National Maritime Foundation): Role of EU and India in nurturing the Vanilla islands as an international tourist destination
- Patryk Kugiel (The Polish Institute of International Affairs (PISM)): The EU and India in Indo-Pacific: Partners for a Resilient and Cooperative Order