The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova
is looking for a Strategic Communication Press and Information Officer in the Political, Press and Information Section
The European Union (EU) which is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an Embassy.
We offer a Strategic Communication Press and Information Officer post in the Political, Press and Information Section. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function. This job function may change in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
Other tasks in the interest of the service and attributed by the Head of Political, Press and Information Section (HoPPI) can also be required.
Functions and duties
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the supervision and responsibility of HoPPI:
- To support the Press and Information Officer (PIO) in managing the press and information contracts under the press and information annual budget (draft Terms of References, conduct tenders, implement and evaluate);
- In coordination with the PIO, oversee the development of information products, including for the social media; Contribute to develop, monitor and update EU’s communication goals and methods in the Republic of Moldova (Moldova), and engage in proactive communication;
- In coordination and cooperation with the PIO, contribute to the overall reporting to the hierarchy;
- Monitor the information environment in the host country;
- Analyse the trends and developments in the information environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of EU's values, policies and projects based on fact-based information;
- Design, implement and coordinate campaigns, local outreach events and communication projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to address disinformation targeting the EU and its partnership with Moldova;
- Alert on trends and vulnerabilities in the information environment, facilitate the anticipation of threats to EU’s interests and reputation with the aim of introducing preventive measures;
- Contribute to raising awareness about the negative impact of disinformation by helping to design and implement tailored outreach campaigns;
- Liaise with local fact-checkers, researchers, civil society organisations and journalists to facilitate analysis, awareness raising, resilience building on disinformation and support the EU Delegation in its monitoring and awareness raising activities;
- Perform other tasks as designated by the HoPPI, including contributing to political reporting;
- Cooperate with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Forces;
- Replace the PIO during his/her absence.
Duration: indefinite contract subject to a successful probation period
Place of employment: EU Delegation in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova.
Working hours: 37.5 hours/week.
Local Agent position: Group I.
Minimum Monthly Basic gross salary: 1.652 Euro
We offer an interesting job in an international environment. Benefits, such as an additional pension scheme and complementary medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for motivated candidates who can demonstrate the following:
Candidates for this local agent post should:
- have completed university studies of five years – Master level – attested by a diploma, preferably in political science, social science, international relations, journalism, communication, economics or other related field;
- have at least five years of relevant professional experience in international and multi-cultural environment and, preferably, have at least three years of professional experience relevant to the tasks in strategic communication (mentioned above);
- have a native command of Romanian and Russian languages:
- have a professional knowledge of the English language;
- be a national of the Republic of Moldova or a national of a Member State of the European Union having the right to live and work in the Republic of Moldova;
- be medically fit to perform the required duties;
- enjoy civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
- have experience in communication and public diplomacy (e.g. strategic communication, media relations, campaigning, content production, marketing, online marketing, social media management, audio-visual content development, strategic communication in countering disinformation);
- Have experience in working with social media and with communication strategies;
- Have the ability to work well in communication team and work with communication products;
- have the capacity to create constructive working relations with key partners in the country, building up and maintaining a local network;
- have strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement, rapid grasp of problems and the capacity to identify issues and solutions;
- have knowledge of external relations, internal policies and functioning of the European Union;
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts both within and outside the Delegation;
- have the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- have a knowledge of social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook and other locally trending social media platforms.
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience of working with social media analytics;
- experience in public speaking;
- knowledge of additional EU languages
A full job-description is attached to this vacancy announcementȘ
How to apply
Please send your application[i] and supporting documents to Delegationemail@example.com clearly indicating for which post you apply. The package should include a short cover letter in English and a detailed CV using the English language template available at:
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and if successfully passing the first stage of the selection procedure, an invitation to a job interview will follow (in Chisinau or video-conferencing).
The deadline for applications is: 17 September 2020 by 18:00 local time. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries to Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org.
[i] Your personal data is processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union Institutions, Bodies, Offices and Agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 and Decision N° 1247/2002/EC as of 11 December 2018, aligned with provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation / Reg. (EU) 2016/679. All data of personal nature – data that can identify you directly or indirectly – is handled with the necessary care.