Vacancy announcement for the position: Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor for EU-Twinning Project (Closing Date: 31/08/2020)
The Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Assistant) is sought for an EU Twinning Project “Further support to agriculture, rural development and food safety in the Republic of Moldova”.
The EU Twinning Project MD 16 ENI AG 01 19 is a joint project between the following beneficiary institutions form the Republic of Moldova:
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE)
- The Agency for Intervention and Payments in Agriculture (AIPA)
- The National Food Safety Agency (ANSA), Republic of Moldova
and a consortium formed by:
- The Agrarmarkt Austria (AMA), Austria
- The State Food Veterinary Service (SFVS), Lithuania
- The Agency for Restructuring and Modernisation of Agriculture (ARMA), Poland
The overall objective of this EU funded project is to support the development of the policy, legal and institutional framework for an effective development of Moldova’s agriculture and rural areas, in a way that they contribute to sustainable development, adaptation to climate change and the country’s transformation towards a green economy.
I. Key tasks of the RTA Assistant:
- Assisting the RTA and short-term experts in the day-to-day implementation of the project;
- Providing office management including the organisation of expert missions, trainings, conferences, meetings in Moldova and study visits to Austria, Lithuania and Poland
- Updating the project share point website
- Providing relevant information and documents
- Compilation of documents for project documentation, presentation and reporting
- Preparation of meeting agendas, attending meetings and drafting minutes incl. Steering Committee meetings and providing opinions or interpretations of the views expressed at these meetings
- To develop and maintain close working contacts and relations with Moldovan officials involved in each of the work groups as well as contacts to other beneficiary organisations and project co-ordinators in the Member States
- Team work with the translator/interpreter and if necessary providing translation and interpretation from Romanian/Russian to English and vice versa
- Support the efficient communication between the Twinning partners and the EU Delegation to the Republic of Moldova
- Drafting and editing written materials with relation to the project in Romanian/Russian and English
II. Requirements for the candidates:
- RTA Assistant funded by the EU Twinning contract may not have or recently (at least during the 6 months preceding his/her recruitment) has had any contractual relation with none of the beneficiary institutions, namely the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE), the Agency for Intervention and Payments in Agriculture (AIPA) and the National Food Safety Agency (ANSA).
- be of Moldovan nationality or having valid residence and working permits
- University degree
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Agriculture and Rural Development and/or food safety
- Excellent abilities in drafting documents
- Excellent computer skills (especially: MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience in office management and administration
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to draft concise reports of meetings and summaries of longer papers, including economic or financial analyses, quickly and accurately
- Understand and respect all confidential classifications (both of a government or trade nature) of any government or trade documents, statements or other information he/she may be given during the exercise of his/her duties
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Knowledge of German
- Experience with interpretation and translation of documents
- Organisational experience in international projects esp. in the field of agriculture and/or food safety is an advantage (EU Twinning Project and international donor funded project)
III. The work conditions:
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Moldova, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of a contract concluded with Agrarmarkt Austria (AMA).
Duration: 24 months
Working hours: Fulltime. Flexibility regarding working hours in the office is required
Starting: September 2020
Remuneration: 1.200 Euro/month (gross value, indirect taxes not included).
The candidates should send their CV (Europass format shall be used) with a detailed description of previous experience and education and all required documents as indicated below in English via e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference to “RTA Assistant”.
The CV format can be found at the following link:
The following documents shall be annexed in scanned versions:
- Motivation Letter, signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with the eligibility criteria
- Certificate on educational qualification
- Certificate on language knowledge (if available)
The deadline for the application is 31/08/2020.
Please note: all applications received in another language different from English will automatically be rejected.
Short-listed candidates only will be invited for an interview in Chisinau.