New vacancy in the EU-funded Twinning project number MD 16 ENI OT 01 19. (MD/35): Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Assistant
The European Union Twinning project “Improving Spatial Data Services in the Republic of Moldova following EU standards” is seeking to recruit Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Assistant for the period from 1 September 2020 to 31 October 2022.
Work place is based in the Agency for Land Relations and Cadastre (ALRC), 48 Serghei Lazo Street, Chisinau
Maximum gross salary: 1.300,00 EUR (will depend on actual days worked)
Contract type: fixed term service contract.
The RTA Assistant will report directly to the RTA and will be supervised by the RTA.
1. RTA assistant
- day-to-day assistance to the RTA;
- office management, execution of general administrative tasks necessary for the implementation of the project, project management and monitoring of the progress of project activities;
- developing and maintaining close contacts and working relationships with beneficiary institution, counterparts, EUD and other relevant beneficiary country actors as well as Croatian, Dutch and Polish partner institutions;
- organizing the exchange of information between project participants;
- organizing meetings, seminars and workshops in cooperation with the partners, including quarterly Steering Committee Meetings, preparing agenda for the meetings;
- writing and editing minutes of the meetings;
- assistance in writing and editing rolling work plans, project reports and any other relevant project documents in English and Romanian; budget accounting;
- organizing visibility events, assistance in the preparation of the necessary documents (invitation, agenda) and promotional materials;
- acting as an interpreter for the purpose of the project (e.g. meetings, workshops, visibility events) and providing translation and interpretation services for the RTA and for short-term experts during their missions;
- translating and editing of all documents relating to project activities (legislation, mission reports, correspondence, presentations by short-term experts, etc.) from English to Romanian and vice versa;
- processing of telephone correspondence and general correspondence;
- helping in organization of study visits in Croatia, Netherlands and Poland;
- if determined necessary, accompanying, interpreting and assistance to the beneficiary country participants during study visit to Croatia, Netherlands and Poland;
- assistance to the short-term experts during their missions, helping with all the office work, preparation of the project documentation (work orders/terms of reference);
- organization of trips, reservation of accommodation.
Requirements for the RTA assistant:
• Moldovan nationality or having valid residence and working permits;
• University degree;
• The RTA assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration, namely the Agency for Land Relations and Cadastre (ALRC) of the Republic of Moldova;
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and Romanian languages;
• Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
• the RTA assistant must be able to work independently as well as to be a team player, have initiative and flexibility;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills;
• Understanding of financial management;
• Excellent abilities in drafting documents.
The following skills will be considered as an asset for RTA assistant:
• Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA Assistant in a former Twinning project;
• Knowledge of Moldovan system in the area of the project (the field of cadastre, spatial data, property (land) management real estate property management and/or geospatial data);
• Excellent command of spoken and written Russian language;
• Experience of working in an international environment.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a letter of application (motivation) in English via e-mail to the following addresses: RTA Ms Mateja Horvat firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 20 July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Interviews will be held on line via Skype. For any further information please contact the abovementioned e-mail addresses.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Republic of Croatia represented by the State Geodetic Administration and the Central Finance and Contracting Agency (CFCA), the Netherlands represented by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, Republic of Poland represented by the Head Office of Geodesy and Cartography and Republic of Moldova, represented by the Agency for Land Relations and Cadastre. The project implementation will last 26 months.
The purpose of the project is to support the Republic of Moldova in enhancement of e-government through improved spatial data sharing and cooperation among authorities in line with EU standards and best international practices.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Moldova, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the Croatian CFCA.