Duration: 12 months (February 2020 - February 2021)
EU Contribution: EUR 161,700.00
Location: Project funded under the 11th EDF Technical Cooperation Fund (TCF) and managed by the EU Delegation to Trinidad and Tobago
Under the 11th EDF TCF, the EU signed an agreement for the provision of technical assistance to the Office of Procurement Regulation (OPR). Through this support, training is provided to OPR staff and other stakeholders in a number of areas including advanced procurement, Forensic Auditing and Fraud & Investigation. The technical assistance programme is implemented by Ecorys Nederland BV, an international policy research and consultancy company from the Netherlands.
Overall Objective: To build sustainable capacity in public procurement within the Office of the Procurement Regulator and its stakeholders.
- Build the capacity of identified OPR staff and training partners in the provision of training relating to implementing public procurement, retention & disposal activities in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
- Build the capacity of Members of the Board and Staff of the OPR to assist with the implementation of the PPDPP Act
- Conduct technical editing of the handbook and guidelines to be used by public bodies in public procurement, retention and disposal to finalise ready to print publications.
- One (1) five- day, Training of Trainers workshop for a minimum of 12 participants from the OPR and Government training agency.
a. Train the Trainer
- Three (3) 3- day workshops for target groups in the following areas:
- Introduction to Public Procurement
- The Procurement Process
- Contract Evaluation and Performance
- Retention & Disposal of Public Property
e. Advanced Procurement
- Five (5) 2-3 days' workshops for staff of the OPR in:
- Forensic Auditing
- Fraud & Investigation
- One (1) half-day sensitisation session with members of the Board of the Office of the Procurement Regulator on overview of training/procurement trends.
- Review, edit, format and digitise the Procurement Handbook and Guidelines of the OPR.
Beneficiary: Office of Procurement Regulation https://oprtt.org/