Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Cambodia?
What we offer?
One funded traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Cambodia, starting from 18 November 2019.
The position will be to deal with political and human rights issues as well as with press and public diplomacy issues.
- Gather and monitor daily incoming news and information
- Analyse political and human rights developments
- Assist in political reporting
- Draft background notes on specific issues
- Redact daily press reviews
- Develop content for the different EU Delegation social media platforms and website
- Support the preparation and implementation of communication and public diplomacy activities
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Diploma in political science, international relations, European affairs, public affairs, or journalism
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of EU institutional framework and policies
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of South East Asia political affairs
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Knowledge of French and / or Khmer would be an asset
How to apply?
Please send the following documents in English to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship (two A4 pages maximum)
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship).
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.