The event brings together more than 450 business leaders, politicians and government officials from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine and the EU Member States. It is one of the key side events being held in preparation for the 5thEaP Summit that will take place in Brussels on 24 November 2017.
In the Republic of Moldova, the EU assists companies with (1) funding, (2) training, and (3) export support to new markets through the EU4Business initiative. Since 2009, 3.9 billion MDL (€190.5 million) has been provided in total for 5,000 Moldovan companies.
What kind of EU support is available for Moldovan businesses?
1. More access to finance:
- Supporting loans in local currency
- Finance for export-related investments
- Finance for buying or upgrading equipment
- Loans to the wine industry
- Micro credits for setting up or developing a small business
2. Stronger business skills:
- Tailored advisory services and technical support to companies – human resources, IT, management structures, business models, etc.
- Training programmes to improve skills of entrepreneurs in key areas
- Tailored training and mentoring for women entrepreneurs
3. Better access to new markets:
- Business advice and training for export-oriented companies
- Help for companies to adapt and trade with the EU
- Support to agricultural and food industries to take advantage of EU markets
Who has already benefited?
- Wine producer Alexandr Rudenko received the EU funding and advice from the EBRD experts to improve the marketing of his wines. Now Alexandr exports his wine to more than eight countries. More.
RO language: http://eu4business.eu/mo/success-stories/vinuri-din-republica-moldova-pentru-piata-europeana
RU language: http://eu4business.eu/ru/success-stories/moldavskoe-vino-dlya-evropeyskogo-rynka
- The only private fertility clinic in Moldova “NewMedLife” followed the advice of an EBRD consultant and with the support of the EU digitalised its information management system. Now the company has 27% more patients. More.
RO language: http://eu4business.eu/mo/success-stories/improved-information-management-helps-moldovan-fertility-clinic-treat-27-more
RU language: http://eu4business.eu/ru/success-stories/improved-information-management-helps-moldovan-fertility-clinic-treat-27-more
- Clothing company “Vestra” received the EU funding and advice from the EBRD to make the production process more automated and efficient. Now 90% of the company’s exports go to the EU. More.
RO language: http://eu4business.eu/mo/success-stories/eu4business-ajuta-un-fabricant-de-imbracaminte-din-republica-moldova-sa-isi-creasca
RU language: http://eu4business.eu/ru/success-stories/eu4business-pomogla-proizvoditelyu-odezhdy-iz-respubliki-moldova-dalee-moldova
Do you want to know more?
Find out what is available: www.eu4business.eu/md
This is the link to RU page: http://eu4business.eu/ru
EU4Business phone line is now open in the Republic of Moldova: +373 68 770 470
EU4Business programmes are implemented in the Republic of Moldova by the EBRD, EIB, KfW, the International trade Centre, EUROCHAMBRES, UEAPME, OECD, and the World Bank.