European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights - Mexico Program EuropeAid / 155-613 / DD / ACT / MX
The Delegation of the European Union in Mexico invites proposals for carrying out projects with the following objectives:
1. To influence public policies on protection of human rights defenders and journalists at risk, at the federal level and especially at the state level.
2. To influence public policies at the federal and state levels in order to generate legislation and mechanisms for prevention, care for family members, investigation of cases of disappearance and forced disappearance of persons.
3. To influence public policies in the prevention, eradication and punishment of torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment or punishment.
4. Focus on public policies on overcoming impunity at the federal and state levels.
5. To influence public policies related to the protection of the human rights of migrants at the local, state and federal level.
6. To influence and initiate good practices of public policies in social cohesion based on the protection and exercise of social, economic, cultural and environmental rights (DESCA) at local, state and federal level.
These projects will be carried out in Mexico with financial support from the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights program. The full text of the Guidelines for Applicants can be found at the following Internet address
The deadline for submission of proposals is June 14, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. (Brussels time).