Mexico in Horizon 2020
Support from CONACYT for Mexican entities that participate in Horizon 2020.
The National Council of Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT) launched the CONACYT-H2020 call that invites public and private Mexican institutions to register pre-proposals to form part of European consortiums, in accordance with the call requirements published by the EC within the framework of the H2020 programme.
The objective of the CONACYT-H2020 call is to register the participation of Mexican entities in the EC’s H2020 programme that are interested in receiving additional support from CONACYT, through the registration of a pre-proposal in the CONACYT funding system. Pre-proposals that are registered and then accepted by the EC will be assessed by CONACYT in accordance with the requirements and guidelines of the call and its terms of reference.
Participants must fulfil the following requirements:
- The entity making the proposal must be validly registered in the National Register of Scientific and Technological Research Institutions (RENIECYT).
- The entity making the proposal must register its pre-proposal in the CONACYT funding system before the closing date of the call as defined by the EC.
- The European proposal presented in the H2020 must be accepted by the EC. Once selected, the entity making the proposal must send a full copy of the proposal in electronic format to CONACYT for its assessment.
- The participation of a Mexican entity in the European project must be as a partner and will be assessed by a panel of experts within the framework of CONACYT’s assessment procedure.
Registration of pre-proposals must be made through the CONACYT funding system in Spanish. CONACYT will only fund up to 85 % of the total amount of the approved proposal in the case of public entities (higher education institutions (HEIs), technological and research centres) and private HEIs, and up to 70 % of the total amount in the case of private entities, except HEIs. The remaining amount must be provided by the Mexican entity. The same percentages apply in the case of natural persons affiliated with entities, according to the nature of the entity.
The total amount approved for the execution of the project will be determined by CONACYT, based on the following criteria:
- Recommendations of the Assessment Committee
- Availability of resources
For more information, please visit:
If you have any questions or comments, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.