The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Malawi invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for:
Main Functions and Duties:
Administrative and secretarial support including asset management, dealing with protocol matters - all under the supervision of the Delegation's Head of Administration.
Some of the duties will be, but are not limited to:
- General office and secretarial support
- Protocol: Handling, processing and management of all delegation protocol related work.
- Preparation of Note Verbales, inform Ministry of Foreign Affairs of new arrivals and departures
- Process temporary residential permits and diplomatic identity cards for officials and CAs in liaison with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Dept.
- Process use of VIP Lounge at the airport for HoD and VIP visitors
- Update regularly the Delegation's Diplomatic List and send it to the Ministry
- Process vehicle registrations and de-registrations with Foreign Affairs, MRA and the Road Traffic.
- Customs and Shipping Clearance:
- Check and follow up arrival of office shipments and personal effects for staff with forwarding agents
- Inform Malawi Revenue Authority Headquarters of incoming shipments and request for approval
- Inform clearing agents of incoming shipments and arrange for customs clearance
- Schedule delivery of the shipments, research storage facilities if necessary, Process clearing of goods
- Link with Removal companies as and when necessary
- Asset Management: Ensure tracking and management of all delegation assets in the offices as well as in all 20 accommodations including monitoring of supplies for the office.
- Prepare ABAC Assets orders as necessary and ensure that all orders are at last level
- Prepare goods receipts as and when items arrive and reconcile delivery (ies) with order. Operational initiator for the subsequent payment
- Report any defects upon delivery
- Verify assets and ensure that all new items have been scanned to the correct locations and tracked
- Recommend assets due for declassification and make arrangements for replacement and prepare annual reports
- Prepare Declassification procedures with appropriate committee meeting
- Dispose of declassified items as instructed (i.e. donation to previously approved charities, prepare handover sheet and receipt confirmation)
- Declassify selecting correct procedure
- Organise annual scanning of all inventory items
- Transport Management: Oversee the driver supervision; ensure that Drivers Manager provides proper planning and coordination of movement of vehicles, service and repairs and preparation of monthly fuel and maintenance reports.
- Assist the Logistics and Contracts Officer in preparation of LPOs for Service Contracts, tickets, supplies etc based on specifications and quotations after purchases have been agreed in line with Financial Regulations for low value contracts
- Ensure timely delivery by coordinating with suppliers on a regular basis. Inform HOA on delivery dates and delivery modalities
- Coordinate with Accounts budget availability before passing on for signature
- Ensure documents/dossiers are circulated around the relevant sections in a timely manner.
- Prepare draft correspondence (letters, notes and emails) that are grammatically correct and using the correct template and formatting.
- Distribute incoming mail (hard copies in ARES) according to the HoA instructions.
- Register all outgoing section mail (and requested emails) in ARES and ensure correct filing in the filing plan.
- Launch e-signatories in ARES using the correct circuits.
- Ensure documents are filed in ARES, on the Y Drive and in the physical files correctly and swiftly.
- Organise Meetings.
- Back-up for other colleagues on selected tasks as required
- Logistics Officer
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
Candidates need to have the following qualifications: Malawi School Leaving Certificate (MSCE) or A levels.
Minimum 2 years relevant experience.
Certificates of business administration or logistics would be an added value.
Experience with international organisations would be an added value.
Excellent command of English, including drafting.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular excellent formatting skills on MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel. Knowledge of EU procedures would be an advantage
Excellent organisational, communication and inter-personnel skills
Excellent team-work, discretion and ability to work efficiently in a multi-cultural environment.
How to apply:
Applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English and a letter of interest indicating the job reference number Ref No: (ADM/SEC/POST 46730/2017)
Should be submitted to:
The Head of Administration
European Union Delegation to the Republic of Malawi
P.O. Box 30102
Please mark the envelope clearly: application for SECRETARY/LOGISTICIAN