The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Malawi is looking for an
ARCHIVIST – ADMINISTRATION SECTION
Ref No: ADM/AL-IV/49790/2017
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Malawi's mission is to support Malawi and its population effectively in its development ambitions; notably, eradicating poverty, achieving economic growth, integrating its economy into the world economy and becoming a mature and well governed democracy, while taking into account the interests of the European Union.
We offer a post of Archivist in the Administration Section of the Delegation, under the authority of the Head of Administration.
This post within the Administration Section of the EU Delegation requires a dynamic and committed individual.
Main Functions and duties:
Under the authority of the Head of Administration the Archivist will be attached to the “Administration” section of the Delegation, His/her main task is to be responsible for the management of the central archives of the Delegation to Malawi to assist at the reception and to assist with distribution tasks.
Responsibilities and duties – BUT not limited to:
To assist the Administration section when requested
- Keep the central archives in working order at all times and facilitate immediate retrieval
- Keep an electronic updated archive registry of all entries of the archives according to filing plan
- Ensure that physical documents are stored appropriately
- Retrieve historical documents upon request
- Record incoming correspondence using ARES (an electronic system of registering mail) on a daily basis.
- Coordinate the use of ARES and the archiving/filing plans between sections and the archives.
- Ensure distribution of registered incoming mail in the Delegation.
- Assist the other colleagues of the Administrative Section with different tasks such as photocopying, archiving, filing etc.
- Prepare documentation for courier services.
- Assist the Head of Administration when requested.
To assist at the reception (as back-up receptionist) to ensure full coverage at all times and that
- Reception is manned in a friendly and helpful manner
- Phone calls are transferred correctly
- Guests are correctly assisted and informed about the rules for mobile phones and electronic devices.
- That mobile phones are accounted for
S/he needs to have the following qualifications: Malawi School Leaving Certificate (MSCE), followed by appropriate specific courses/diploma in document management, or equivalent experience.
Experience and knowledge:
Three (3) years relevant working experience preferably in an international environment.
IT Certification (Microsoft Office).
Motivation to achieve results within a given time frame and technical flair is considered to be essential.
Excellent oral communication skills and excellent command of English is required. Command of and understanding of French is an advantage.
Abilities and skills:
The candidate must have experience in working in a team as well as working in a multicultural environment. Excellent ability to build positive working relationships with staff and colleagues.
How to apply:
Applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a letter indicating the job reference number ADM/ AL-IV/49790/2017 should be submitted to:
The Head of Administration
POST REFERENCE: ADM/ AL-IV/49790/2017
NOT TO BE OPENED BY THE INTERNAL MAIL DEPARTMENT
European Union Delegation to Malawi
Area 18 Roundabouts, Corner of M1 and Presidential Way
P.O. Box 30102, Lilongwe 3, Malawi
In order to meet the deadline applications may be sent by fax to +265 1 773 382 or by email to:
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 27th April 2017
(Applications must have reached the delegation by this date)
Candidates who have not been contacted by 11th May 2017 should consider that there is no follow up to their application and the EU Delegation will not further advise unsuccessful candidates. CANDIDATES WITHOUT APPROPRIATE PROFFESIONAL EXPERIENCE IN THE SECTOR WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The European Union is an equal opportunity employer. The vacancy is for a permanent contract. Short listed candidates will be invited to interviews and may be asked to take a practical test. Salary will depend on number of years of relevant experience. Work will be carried out in a non-smoking environment.
Recruitment of the successful candidate will be subject to medical fitness. The Delegation has HIV/Aids at the workplace policy.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to delegation-malawi-HOA@eeas.europa.eu