The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and works with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations with similar functions to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Liberia has an important portfolio of cooperation with Liberia, mixing several instruments and sources of financing, mostly concentrating on governance, agriculture, energy and education, and delivering through both Government and civil society organizations. It is a smoke free environment, and an equal opportunity employer offering:
Infrastructure Coordinator (Vacant Post / Temporary position: duration 12 months) -
Administrative section – Local Agent Group I, with 37.5 working hours/week and minimum monthly basic salary of US$2,860.00.
Reporting relationship: Report to the Head of Administration and Head of Delegation
Detailed description of duties:
- Act as the Head of the Project "Renovation of the EU Delegation", under the authority of the Head of Administration and Head of Delegation
- Assist the Head of Administration for the removal from the current premises to the temporary premises
- Liaise with the Infrastructure Division at the EEAS HQ and follow the whole administrative process of approval of the project.
- Provide assistance during the project initiation and design development, review plans and documents, correspondence and terms of reference.
- Preparation of the Building File in liaison with the Infrastructure Division or any other document required by the Infrastructure Division.
- Organize and coordinate the local meeting with report to EU Delegation and EU Headquarters.
- Take part in the calls for tender and in the procurement process for any matter related to the rental and construction works.
- Provide frontline analysis of any document provided by the developer, the construction companies, the experts and external bodies. Ensure at all stages that EU requirements are met. Submit appropriate solutions to discrepancies between local and European standards.
- Coordinate the work between the stakeholders of the project such as but not limited to: EU Delegation, the relevant Divisions at Headquarters (Infrastructure, IT, Security), construction companies, owner of the premises and the building management team, various contractors working for the Delegation (security experts / external bodies / moving companies,…).
- Follow up of the planning on deadlines of the various stages of the project, from design stages to provisional acceptance of the works and move. Close attention to critical paths in order to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Provide architectural and technical supervision on site as necessary to ensure that the technical requirements are met.
- Provide assistance in the phases of provisional acceptance
- Follow up on budget related matters of the construction works and the moves.
- Provide assistance to the Delegation in making decisions about finishes, based on overall consistency and best value for money. Ensure that samples can be made available.
- Where necessary, provide assistance with customs clearance issues
- Participation to the preparation of all the stages related to the move, in particular to those related to its logistics, its organization and the infrastructure of the current premises.
- Any other task (even tasks not related to infrastructure) requested by the Head of Delegation, the Chargé d'Affaires a.i (in the absence of the Head of Delegation), the Head of Administration or the Infrastructure Division supervisor in relation to project for new offices for the EU Delegation
- Formal Education: University Degree in architecture and/or civil engineering - additional degree in project management is an advantage
- Experience: Proven minimum 5-year experience in similar kind of work, both in the coordination and technical quality control field
- Thorough knowledge of the office construction field - Experience in office construction works in the EU is an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of office construction rules in force locally and ability to compare them to EU norms and requirements - Knowledge of the financial rules and regulations of the EU is an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of English, both written and oral – Good knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Thorough knowledge of CAD software (e.g. Autocad)
- Aptitudes and Personal qualities
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- High level of sense of responsibility
- High level of responsibility and ability to take initiative
- High level of organization and prioritization
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team spirit
- - Considered an asset: 1 ) Knowledge of French
-Minimum Requirements: 1) medically fit to perform the required duties; 2) Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law; 3) Certificate/diploma in relevant area with the necessary relevant experience; 4) Excellent command of spoken and written English; 5) computer literacy;
How to apply
Interested candidates should deliver, to EU security gate, in a sealed envelope the following: Application cover letter, a curriculum vitae (CV - please use only the Europass format: ecv_template_en) with at least three references (including email and phone contacts), and copies of formal qualifications, addressed to:
Application for Infrastructure Coordinator
Attn: The Head of Administration
European Union Delegation to Liberia
100 UN Drive, Mamba Point
Or submit by e-mail to: DELEGATION-LIBERIA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu with "Application for Infrastructure Coordinator" in subject.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee that will prepare a short-list of candidates who are the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to sit a written test or for interviews. The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted.
The deadline for applications is: Monday 10 December 2018 at 09:00 AM.