TERMS OF REFERENCE
for the position of Office Assistant at the EIB Group Representation to China and Mongolia
The EIB – European Investment Bank is the European Union’s financial institution. It works in support of EU development and economic cooperation policies by financing investment in both public and private sectors. The Delegation of the European Union in Beijing is seeking to recruit on behalf of the EIB for its office located at the Delegation's premises, one:
on the basis of a Delegation's local right local fixed-term contract
(Chinese National Local Agent III. Term of contract until 31/12/2020)
Assist the Resident Representative with running the general administrative tasks and day-to-day business, as well as providing administrative support to the EIB staff during their missions in China.
The Office Assistant will report to and work in close cooperation and under the general guidance of the Head of EIB Representation to China and Mongolia.
The Office Assistant will provide office support, secretarial / administrative / accounting assistance to the Head of Representation.
- Preparation and distribution of standard correspondence (minutes, reports, notes, letters and other documents, as required).
- Handling telephone switchboard.
- Providing occasional interpretation/translation.
- Providing general administrative assistance to EIB personnel on business trips in the country.
- Assisting in any protocol related matters and similar activities.
- Electronic and paper filing of work related documents.
- Management of lending databases.
- Maintaining contacts with the EIB headquarters in Luxembourg.
- Liaising with the Delegation's administrative services anytime required.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, and with his/her approval:
- Managing rigorously all accounting aspects of the office in liaison with the Accounting Department at Headquarters.
- Administrative management of the office petty cash.
- When appropriate, administrative management of payments of supplier invoices (quotes, orders and deliveries).
- Reporting on a monthly basis to Head Office in Luxembourg.
- Capacity to communicate clearly, in English and Chinese, draft precisely correspondence and edit materials.
- Open to cultural diversity and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to identify and analyse key points in verbal and numerical information.
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organize work to deliver on time. Ability to monitor progress and work and organize reviews.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to occasionally work under pressure.
- Flexibility and availability for undertaking when needed a work schedule adapted to the working hours in Luxembourg, and in line with the work regulations of the EU Delegation to China.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Fluent Chinese (Mandarin) and English, written and speaking, with good translation and interpretation skills. Knowledge of French would be an advantage;
- High school degree. University degree preferably in office management / business administration / languages can be an asset.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a financial/banking operational environment. Experience in an international setting can be an asset.
- Good knowledge of standard computer tools (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Regular use of Powerpoint would be an advantage Knowledge of SAP "Business Objects” would be an advantage.
Duration: The contract of employment will be concluded up to 31/12/2020.
Please send your application and supporting documents to:
(please mention in the subject line your reference: Family Name-Name-EIB OFFICE ASSISTANT).
The application e-mail should include a cover letter and a detailed CV in English.
The deadline for reception of applications is set for 17hh00 (GMT +8) on 9st August 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone – please address any queries concerning this procedure to the above mentioned mailbox with a reference: Question – EIB OFFICE ASSISTANT.