An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
The European Union currently has 140 delegations which are placed under the authority of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, who is also Vice President of the European Commission.
The post of Administrative Assistant (AA) FG III. The administrative assistant will be responsible, under the authority of the Head of Delegation (HOD), for the day-to-day running of the Delegation.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Delegation, the Administrative Assistant will be assisting with management of human resources and infrastructure (office building, Residence and staff accommodation), provide for equipment and services, ensuring the implementation of security measures, as well as the overall administrative rules and ensuring the financial management of the delegation’s budget, including procurement procedures. The Administrative Assistant shall support the Imprest Account Holder. The Administrative Assistant will also be in charge of relations with local authorities relating to the administrative functioning of the delegation, including protocol related issues and consular matters.
The Administrative Assistant will play a fundamental role inside the delegation and in relation with local authorities and companies. He/she will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks and stakeholders. The essential attributes of an Administrative Assistant are organisational skills, openness and flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn and to take the initiative when necessary. Excellent human contacts and service culture are also prerequisites.
WE LOOK FOR
The European External Action Service (EEAS) is seeking a highly motivated FG III contract agent to occupy the post of Administration Assistant in the EU Delegation in SOMALIA.
The successful candidate shall have the following profile and qualities:
Education in either business administration, human resources management, finance or accounting and bookkeeping or equivalent practical experience in these areas
Proven pertinent experience in one or several of the following areas:
- handling of staff matters, ideally as team leader;
- tender procedures, preparation of contracts;
- management of an annual operating budget, including preparation, adjustment and monitoring its execution; including financial commitments and payments
- follow-up, adjustment and verification of the execution of the authorised budget
- knowledge of ABAC, ADB+, ARES, e-DAS, e-Del-HRM, e-EPC, ESDAP, IMMOGEST, MIPS, SYSPER and SYSLOG (either as a user or having completed relevant training modules).
- experience in preparing high-level missions from HQ logistically, protocol-wise and security-wise;
- experience in Delegation security management (support to the DSC and dealing with day-to-day security matters;
- experience in managing large infrastructure projects will be a great asset.
- experience in management of compounds would be an asset"
- Proven experience and/or training in team management.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- a sense of initiative, very good organisational skills and a service minded attitude;
- a capacity to assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing complex tasks in a multicultural environment;
- a proven experience and/or training in oral and written communication;
- computer literacy, and an ability to work with Windows applications.
- Capacity to work in languages of CFSP (FR and EN).
- Previous experience from the admin section in a Delegation is an asset
- Experience as an architect or building engineer
In order to be eligible for the post of contract agent FG III candidates must:
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for engagement as contract agent FG III:
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if (s) he does not already hold security clearance to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with the relevant security provisions.
Contract agent 3 a position (Function group III); initial contract for a period of 3 years.
Job available from: As soon as possible – Mogadishu, SOMALIA
LCA (living conditions allowances): 40 % (non-family posting)
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR CONTRACT AGENT POSTS
Applications (CV and motivation letters) are to be sent to
In your application, please mention your EPSO CAST candidate number.
The closing date for the submission of applications is 23/08/2019 at 18:00 (CET).
Late applications will not be accepted.