Location: JTS Antenna Office in Prizren, Kosovo
The Project Officer specialized in Communication and Information will be based in the JTS antenna office located in Prizren, but he or she will be also expected to spend his or her working time in the field in equal terms visiting project beneficiaries on both sides of the border area. This position entails a maximum of 220 working days over the contract duration. The Project Officer should spend a minimum of 75% of these working days within the eligible territory of the programme.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, namely the Head of the Joint Technical Secretariat, the Project Officer will be responsible for all matters relating to the management and implementation of the programme, including the coordination of specific activities requiring a deep knowledge of the eligible territory of the programme on the Kosovo side. He or she will play a fundamental role on reporting about the implementation of the technical assistance service contract, administration of resources, assistance in the launching of calls for proposals, on field project monitoring (particularly result oriented), on assessing the projects’ impact on the targeted municipalities, on providing advice about the strategic priorities and geographical areas where support from the programme is most needed, on collecting data for the annual implementation reports at programme level and, above all, on supporting activities related to publicity, visibility and information. Therefore, he or she is expected to have skills and experience in the field of communication/visibility strategy and experience with donors funding or civil society. Experience in monitoring projects funded by the European Union would be an added value.
The Project Officer specialised in Communication and Information will cover the following tasks:
- Take all appropriate measures to ensure that the programme calls for proposals reach the target groups in line with the requirements of the Practical Guide and other relevant procedures in full collaboration with the Operating Structures;
- Provide administrative and logistic assistance to the Contracting Authority, Operating Structures and Joint Monitoring Committee;
- Support the implementation of the programme by providing training and advice to potential applicants and grant beneficiaries for the successful completion of their projects, using implementation and reporting manuals, instructions, consultancy, etc.;
- Cooperate with organizations, institutions and networks of legal entities relevant for the objectives of the programmes;
- Monitor the implementation of operations (basically, participating in monitoring visits and drafting monitoring reports);
- Ensure the input of all necessary project and programme related information in the Programme Monitoring System; regularly updating its database with the most recent information;
- Maintain and constantly update the Facebook and website page of the programme;
- Prepare reports, statistics and information about progress of projects and programme implementation when required by the programme managers;
- Contribute to the revision or upgrading of the programme visibility and communication plan;
- Foster the information, publicity, visibility and communication of the programme and its outcomes;
- Raise awareness of potential applicants and the wider public of the opportunities provided and the socio-economic changes achieved by the programme;
- Advise grant beneficiaries on information, publicity, visibility and communication activities;
- Any other task related to the programme implementation as required by the Head of the JTS.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree, preferably a Master's degree, in a discipline related to this profile
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Albanian
- Knowledge of Serbian and/or Gorani languages will be an asset
General professional experience
- At least <3> years of general professional experience in management of programmes/projects
- At least <2> years in information, publicity, visibility and communication activities in the public or private sector
Specific professional experience
- Experience on management and implementation of multiple communication and information tasks such as the organisation of events, management of websites, production of films, TV or radio shows, and preparation of flash news and newsletters
- Experience in the provision of training related to information and communication skills and techniques will be an asset
- Experience in information and communication activities in international donor funded projects and particularly in EU-funded programmes will be an advantage
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Europass in English;
- A motivation letter in English;
- Copy of University diploma;
- Copy of Training Certificates;
- Other supporting documents.
Interested candidates should send hard copy of application documents by 4 April 2018 to 20 April 2018 until 16:00h to the following address:
Ministry of Local Government Administration
Former Rilindja Building, Floor 12, Pristine, Kosovo
Ministry of Local Government Administration
E-mail: Hazbije.email@example.com .
Subject: "Application for Project Officer specialized in Communication and Information of CBC Programme Albania – Kosovo”.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Note: Only those applications which have been received by the closing date to this vacancy announcement will be eligible for consideration.