Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Turkey?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within Civil Society and Fundamental Rights team of the EU Delegation to Turkey, starting in June 2019.
The Operational Section 1 is in charge of financial assistance in the 4 areas of Civil Society, Fundamental Rights, Judiciary and Home Affairs. The internship we offer will be within the Team dealing with Civil Society and Fundamental Rights.
- To contribute to the monitoring of the reform process in light of political criteria for accession and accession partnership priorities, as well as other relevant processes, in the Civil Society and Fundamental Rights sub-sectors;
- To assist the Civil Society and Fundamental Rights team in the different aspects of project cycle management, concerning the programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded programmes and projects; in particular, to assist the Civil Society and Fundamental Rights team in meetings, steering committees and other relevant negotiations with beneficiaries – both Turkish institutions and civil society organisations- and drafting the minutes or notes for the file;
- To assist the Civil Society and Fundamental Rights team in drafting speeches/briefings in the area of civil society and fundamental rights;
- To assist the Civil Society and Fundamental Rights team in all aspects related to visibility and communication activities, in particular to contribute to tasks related to research, visibility and awareness-raising of IPA, the Civil Society Facility and EIDHR programmes in the sector, such as seminars, workshops, conferences, consultations etc.
Additional requirements that would be an asset
- Knowledge of Turkish
- Previous experience on civil society and/or Human rights issues
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-TURKEY-TRAINEE-APPLICATIONS@eeas.europa.eu:
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – OPS1
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.