Short project description
- The main objective of the action is to promote employment, in particular of youth, by improving the offer (training and professional insertion) and the development of demand in areas of departure.
- This project is part of the "Developing employment in Senegal: strengthening businesses competitiveness and employability in departure areas" programme.
- Further information on the context of the project and more detailed description of the project itself can be found in the Action Document of this EU Trust Fund programme.
- Local companies are upgraded;
- Fair access to professional training is increased;
- Insertion of non-qualified youth through training in the artisanal sector is encouraged;
- Economic opportunities in Senegal are known of: communication on actions and results of upgrading of companies, the offer of professional and technical training and migration is strengthened and contributes to a changing mentality with regard to emigration.
Location: Senegal: Casamance, Louga, Kedougou, Matam, Dakar, Diourbel, Thiès, Saint-Louis
Target group : Youth in zones of departure of migrants
Total cost (€): 16 200 000.00
EU contracted amount: 16 000 000.00
Partner contribution: 200 000.00EUR
Duration: September 2016 - September 2019
Implementing organisation: AFD
Related programme: Developing employment in Senegal: strengthening businesses competitiveness and employability in departure areas
Funding instrument: EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
Window: Sahel Region and Lake Chad