An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
Paid traineeship for Young Graduates from European Universities
The Delegation of the European Union to Brazil offers one paid traineeship for young graduates from universities in the European Union for the 2nd semester of 2018. It is aimed at young graduates holding at least a Bachelor's degree, who have less than one year of professional experience. The duration of the internship is for a period of minimum 4 months and maximum 6 months.
The traineeship is addressed to young graduates with a genuine interest in the work of the European Union and especially the relations between the EU and Brazil. At the end of the internship, the trainee will have gained a substantial insight into the European Union´s objectives in Brazil. The traineeship will be offered either in the Political, Press and Communication section or in the Cooperation section of the Delegation, depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Candidates are requested to specify which sector they are applying to.
Description of main tasks:
1. Political, Press and Communication Section:
• Monitor political developments in Brazil and contribute to drafting political reports under the guidance of the staff of the section.
• Press and news reporting on matters relevant to the European Union.
• Collate information on European Union legislation and policies of relevance to Brazil for dissemination to the wider public.
• Assist in preparing and implementing press and information activities in Brazil, including the organization of events.
• Attend meetings, seminars and events and prepare related reports.
• Assist in receiving incoming missions and preparing briefings for visitors.
2. Cooperation Section:
• Contribute to the cooperation section´s implementation of effective visibility and communication activities, namely through the dissemination of results and good practices of EU funded projects and programmes.
• Help draft and publish visibility and communication material for the Delegation´s webpage and other social media and prepare reports, publications or briefing material on EU-Brazil cooperation.
• Contribute to the organization and participate in the Cooperation Section's events and activities.
• Maintain close contacts with the Delegation's other sections in the area of Press and Communication.
• Assist in the organization of a data bank of communication and visibility materials such as photographs, videos, briefings and press releases.
• Perform other tasks regarding the activities of the Development Cooperation Sector in support to EU development policies in Brazil and possibly also in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Venezuela, as requested by the Head of Sector.
Candidates will have to comply with all of the following criteria:
• young graduate with a University Diploma (at least a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent) from a European University in a field relevant to one of the sections above;
• less than one year of professional experience
• no previous experience in the EU institutions longer than 6 weeks
• national of an EU Member State, pre-accession State or Brazilian
• proficiency in the English and Portuguese languages; additional language skills would be an asset
Please note that:
• A lump sum of EUR 1.000 per month will be granted to the selected candidate. No additional travel or other kind of allowance will be granted
• The trainee must have adequate sickness and accident insurance
Please send a detailed curriculum vitae, motivation letter and letter of recommendation to the following e-mail address: DELEGATION-BRAZIL-TRAINEESHIP@EEAS.EUROPA.EU - in either Microsoft Word (.doc) or Acrobat (.pdf) format.
The subject field should read: *PAID TRAINEESHIP* - Application for Political/Cooperation section (please choose the section you are applying to).
If you have been selected, you will have to provide the following documents within 2 weeks:
• Language certificates
• Extract from judicial record
• A copy of their passport covering the period of the traineeship. The EU Delegation will assist candidates to obtain a student visa for the period of their traineeship before their arrival in Brazil
• Insurance certificate
• Medical certificate stating that s/he is fit for work ( a certificate written by a general practitioner is sufficient)
• A traineeship agreement will be signed by the trainee and his /her supervisor before the start date of the traineeship. The trainee will have to declare that there is no real or potential conflict of interest.
• All the documents required (such as CV, copy of diploma, language certificates, extract from the "judicial records", traineeship agreement, proof of medical certificate stating that he/she is fit for work, Passport and visa must be received and approved before the signature of the traineeship agreement.
• Applications will be screened and pre-selected candidates contacted for an interview.
• The EU Delegation organises all its selection process in a fair, transparent and non-discriminatory way.
The traineeship will be offered to the successful candidate after having gone through the selection process and prior approval from Headquarters.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged, but we regret that due to the volume of applications, only those applications short-listed will be contacted. If candidates do not hear from the EU Delegation four weeks after the deadline, they can consider they have not been selected.
Please make sure that the application form is completed correctly. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria or are incorrect will be rejected.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 22 June 2018.