The Delegation of the European Union is recruiting an Assistant Press and Information Officer
1. OVERALL PURPOSE
Under the supervision of the Head of Political, Press & Information Section, and in coordination with the current Press and Information Officer, to contribute to political and current affairs reports and help raise the visibility of the EU and the Delegation in the countries under its mandate.
Key areas of focus will be the print and social media, public events, TV and Radio.
2. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Research and input into regular and ad-hoc reports, covering political and current affairs issues.
Media and civil society relations:
- Support to the principal press officer on EU communication activities, as directed.
- Contribution to the preparation and distribution of press releases, features, public statements and other material on EU affairs and the work of the Delegation for the media.
- Support in the organisation of media and public events (press briefings, press conferences, press and TV interviews, information seminars etc.).
Media monitoring and analysis:
- Contribution in the preparation of a weekly selection of articles and media reports as a Press Review in a searchable electronic format.
Website and new media:
- Maintenance of the Delegation's website based on regular input from the various sections of the Delegation as well as material available from/in EU institutions.
- Contribution to social media maintenance and development as a means of strengthening EU visibility and improvement of transparency.
- Play an active role in initiatives to promote cross-team working, boost internal communication and plan team building activity.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent qualifications in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Media Communications, International Relations or other relevant fields.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Very good knowledge of PC usage and applications related to field of Press & Information, MS office suite, internet and social media.
4. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Initiative, attention to detail, ability to network, work accurately under time constraints, flexible, versatile, outgoing and confident.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their CV with contact telephone number and e-mail address, including copies of all mentioned diplomas and certificates. Proof of professional experience and letters of reference from former employers/referees will be required if you are called for an interview.
All applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope marked CANDIDACY Assistant Press and Information Officer at the following address:
Delegation of the European Union
8 Olivier Road, Kingston 8
Deadline: 13 June 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be notified by telephone.
The documentation provided will not be returned.