KS 15 IPA JH 04 16
Support to Civil Registration and Document Security
Funded by the European Union
Job Vacancy Announcement for:
“Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) Assistant”
Post reference number:
Place of work:
Civil Registry Agency (CRA), Pristina, Kosovo
Estimated starting date:
Mid of September 2017
Period of employment:
Appr. 30 months
Closing date for applications:
Monday 14th of August 2017
The International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (VNG International) and State Enterprise Centre of Registers in cooperation with the European Union Office in Kosovo Pristina is looking for a full-time assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) for the EU financed Twinning project “Support to Civil Registration and document security”.
The overall objective of the project is to support the Civil Registration Agency (CRA) and Municipal Civil Status Offices (MCSO) in improving the standards of the civil registration system and document security at municipal and central level, in accordance with EU standards and best practices.
The working language of the project is English.
RTA Assistant will provide administrative and accounting assistance to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) during the whole duration of the Twinning Project and, in particular, support the effective delivery of the Twinning Contract mandatory results, ensuring a good flow of communications and coordinating the different Twinning partners; administrative support on a daily basis to the Member States experts involved for short-term working missions to Pristina within the Project’s framework.
RTA Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Administrative support to the RTA during implementation of the project - general tasks of office management;
- Support of the preparation and delivery of working activities as foreseen in the Twinning Contract, including the organization of Steering Committee meetings, working group sessions, conferences, experts missions, study visit etc. and in related administrative tasks;
- Travel arrangements and arranging meetings for the RTA and the Short-Term Experts involved in the project;
- Support the preparation of the required documentation for experts missions: Terms of Reference, Mission Certificates, Side Letters;
- Preparation of Twinning expenses claims, budgetary control and monthly financial reports;
- Drafting and editing documents relevant to the project in Albanian and English languages;
- Upon need interpretation at meetings and during STEs missions and translation of reports and project outputs;
- Taking minutes of meetings, preparing notes and summary records;
- Support to the RTA in his liaison with the European Union Office to Pristina and national institutions at the central and local level;
- Other duties and ad hoc support to the RTA while in Pristina when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will be hard working individual with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work closely with the RTA and team of experts.
To be eligible, an applicant must have:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Public Administration, Management or any other discipline relevant for the position;
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting;
- Capacity to maintain effective document and record management;
- Excellent administering and organisational skills;
- Fluency in both written and spoken Albanian and English languages;
- Willingness and flexibility to work overtime when necessary and attend working visits inside Kosovo and EU Member States as required;
- Good computer skills, including MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
Besides the following attributes, the following features would be an asset:
- Experience as RTA Assistant in Twinning projects or experience with the implementation of projects funded by the EU;
- Working experience in an international environment;
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Kosovo Public Administration.
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions.
Personal qualities especially important to this post include:
- Strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent team working abilities are essential together with an innate diplomacy;
- Ability to cooperate smoothly in a multicultural environment.
Successful applicant will be an independent consultant, on the basis of the standard IPA-contracts for services. The RTA Assistant will be self-employed and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force, including for those related to medical and social insurance.
The assignment is full-time and for a period of approx. 30 months, taking into account any possible prolongation of the working programme. The RTA Assistant contract will be signed for a period of 1 year with a possible extension to 30 months. Probationary period is 3 months.
NOTE: Twinning Manual foresees that the chosen assistant is not a civil servant and have had no contractual relation with the beneficiary at least during the 6 months preceding the recruitment nor is on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position of the Project Assistant.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURES
Qualified candidates are kindly asked to send their applications, duly completed in English, for the above mentioned position not later than Monday, the 14th of August 2017 to the attention of Mr Erik Dolle (VNG International).
E-mail address: Julia.Soldatiuk@vng.nl with this specification on the subject: “SURNAME”_REF: RTA/A/2
Your application in English language must include:
- Letter of intention, signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with the eligibility criteria for the specification post;
- Europass CV in English language with detailed description of professional experience and education (with exact dates);
- Copies of supporting documents (the copy of the University diploma, reference letters and certificates in the original language and, if available, in English).
All documents must be sent only one time in PDF format. Incomplete applications or sent to the mentioned email address after the above deadline will be disqualified and treated as non-eligible.
Only applicants selected for the interview will be notified.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in Pristina on 5 or 6 September 2017. An assignment may be part of the interview.
Selected candidate will sign a contract with the Dutch Mandated Body (International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities) in charge of the administrative and financial management of the project.
Please note that applications will not be returned to candidate.