Vacancy Reference: EUOK 03-21 COOP _ Project Officer-Fiscal and Labour Market Policy
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Office in Kosovo plays a pivotal role in realising the European agenda in Kosovo with the aim to promote Kosovo's approximation to the European Union.
We offer a post of Project Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the EU Office in Kosovo. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – Fiscal and labour market policy. Under this job function, the recruited candidate will ensure effective and efficient programming and implementation of financial assistance in the area of fiscal and labour market policy in line with the regulations, Commission procedures and prevailing instructions ensuring maximum impact to support the EU membership preparation of the beneficiary countries. Duties will be performed under the supervision of the Head of Section and the relevant Team Leader/Coordinator.
The specific post and related duties of the employee shall be decided and may be adapted by the employer according to the needs of the European Union.
The place of employment is the EU Office in Pristina. The post is a group 1 Local Agent post with a basic salary of EUR 2027.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
+ BUSINESS MANAGEMENT and PLANNING - Operations section management
- Follow developments in the area of fiscal and labour market policy
- Give policy guidance to relevant stakeholders in the area of fiscal and labour market policy.
- Coordinate, where appropriate, with other sections in the EU Office.
- Report to the Head of Section, the Head of Office, and the relevant services of HQ.
+ POLICY ANALYSIS - Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming
- Follow developments in the area of fiscal and labour market policy
- Support policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of cooperation
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the programming of activities under the Instrument for Preaccession Assistance (IPA)
+ PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Project cycle management
- Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal in close cooperation with the beneficiary institutions in the country, if and when such programmes are decided in the programming process
- Initiate and process all aspects of the procurement process drafting Terms of Reference, launching tenders, evaluating the bids, preparing the contracting file
- Encode contracts and give an "operational initiating visa" (GESTOPE) on documents where required. Provide 'Certified correct' for payments
- Monitoring ongoing projects, attend management and monitoring meeting, elaborate progress report on projects and propose action if and when needed. Evaluation of projects and formulate lessons learnt. The monitoring and follow up of projects should be done enforcing the principle of sound financial management
- Maintain contacts with other donors active in the country
- Consider gender implications in programming and project preparation.
+ INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general) - Sectoral reporting to HQ
- Monitor and report on sectorial issues to Head of Section/Team Leader/Coordinator (including Early Warning on potential disputes)
- Contribute regularly and timely to the Office’s reporting to HQ on sectoral issues, as well as to any specific requests
- Within the framework of the Staff Regulation, to carry out tasks linked to the job description as instructed by his/her superior(s).
- Provide back-up support to colleagues as required.
+ EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general) - Communication related to programme & projects
- Produce and disseminate the results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events contributing to the achievement of the Office’s objectives for the visibility of EC activities in the country
- Contribute to the production of publications
- Extract and disseminate best practice and facilitate exchange of experiences
- Writing of briefings and speeches.
+ REPRESENTATION, NEGOTIATION and PARTICIPATION - Representation, participation and negotiation
- Maintain good and effective contacts with the relevant national authorities, private sector representatives, professional organisations and civil organisations.
- Assist in ensuring effective coordination with the Member States and key donors
- Participate as appropriate in donors' meetings
- Prepare and assist in missions from Headquarters.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- University degree in macroeconomics or related field with three years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Fluency in Albanian and/or Serbian;
- Good knowledge of computer tools including MS Office;
- Ability to conceptualise problems, identify and implement solutions
- Capacity to analyse and structure information
- Inquiring mind
- Ability to communicate in meetings
- Ability to understand and be understood
- Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information
- Drafting skills
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way
- Capacity to act upon problems
- Quality & process management abilities
- Capacity to deliver in a structured way
- Coordination skills
- Planning capacity
- Stress resistance
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge sharing
- Sociability skills
* Level 'as defined in the standards available at:http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
- PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Rules and procedures concerning calls for proposals, calls for tenders, contracts, task letters
BUDGET and FINANCE
- Financial regulation and procedures
PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Project monitoring methods and techniques
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (generic)
The following will be considered an asset:
- Post-University studies in the field of macroeconomics or related fields would be considered an asset;
- Prior experience in working with the EU would be considered an asset;
- Experience in working with international organizations in Kosovo in similar fields;
- Fluency in any other European languages.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents, using the following subject line: EUOK 03-21 COOP _ Project Officer – Fiscal and Labour Market Policy (applicant's last name)" to: DELEGATION-KOSOVORECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu . The package should include a Cover Letter and a detailed European Curriculum Vitae Format, in English, which can be found at the website of the European Union Office in Kosovo http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/kosovo
The EU Office in Kosovo will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone; please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-KOSOVORECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post. The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the EU Office will announce the completion of the recruitment procedure on its website (http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/kosovo).
The deadline for applications is 14/07/2021