An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
The 28th European Film Festival in Nairobi will take place from 4 to 26 May 2019. The European Film Festival will once again feature film screenings with movies from various European countries and Kenya. In addition, the festival will include special engagements with invited European and Kenyan filmmakers, master classes and panel discussions.
Over 50 films featuring a variety of genres for adults and children
22 participating European countries, as well as selected African films
12 venues across Nairobi (please see below)
FREE ENTRY (secure your ticket in advance with www.mookh.com/tickets or register at the venue)
Find out more about the European Film Festival, including all films:
The full programme can be accessed here:
Find the European Film Festival on Social Media to recieve all updates and news!
Participants: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, European Union, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, Ukraine
Contributing partners: ANGA IMAX Cinemas, Black Rhino VR, White Rhino Films, Creatives Garage, La Cinémathèque Afrique, Slum Film Festival, German School Nairobi, Huipalas Cultural Centre, Lake International Panafrican Film Festival, Goethe-Institut Nairobi,, Machawood, Alliance Française, and Mookh
- Arfa Lounge, IMAX 20th Century (1st Floor, 20th Century Building, Opposite Trans National House, Near City Hall, Mama Ngina St)
- Anga IMAX Diamond Plaza II (4th Parklands Road, 11th floor)
- The Alchemist Bar (Parklands Road, Just behind Kwik Fit)
- Goethe-Institut (No. 3, Monrovia-Street, Maendeleo House, CBD)
- Alliance Française Nairobi (Corner of Loita / Monrovia Streets, CBD)
- August 7th Memorial Park (Junction of Moi Avenue, CBD)
- German School Nairobi (Limuru Road, opposite Village Market)
- Dagoz Artist Bar (Dagoretti Corner, Karandini Road)
- Creatives Garage (31 Wood Ave, Kilimani)
INFORMATION ON PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
The European External Action Service and EU Delegations process personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data. The PRIVACY STATEMENT- DATA PROTECTION NOTICE for Events & Meetings contains information for participants about personal data processing.
EU Delegation to Kenya