Local Agent Group I
The EU Delegation to The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is seeking to recruit an International Aid / Cooperation Officer – primarily in the field of support to civil society in the framework of the EU-Jordan Association Agreement, but also on gender.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership among 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
Job Location: Delegation of the European Union in Amman - Jordan.
Tasks will include:
+ Policy Analysis
- To carry out civil society analysis and promotion of EU relations with the civil society in Jordan.
- To contribute to policy dialogue with civil society organisations and the concerned national authorities, donors and other stakeholders
- To act as the gender focal point of the EU Delegation and ensure in particular that women's empowerment and gender equality are correctly taken into account in the programming, design and implementation of the Delegation's activities.
- To contribute to analysis and definition of strategies for the European Union as well as to the reporting on the relevant parts of the implementation of the European Neighborhood Policy and EU-Jordan Partnership Priorities
- To ensure horizontal coordination within the Delegation on civil society and gender issues.
+ Programme /Project/Process Management
- To contribute to programming, identification and formulation of EU support in close cooperation with the beneficiary organisations in Jordan.
- To manage the implementation of the related programmes (contribute to all aspects of the procurement process, to attend management and monitoring meetings, to elaborate
progress reports on projects and propose action if and when needed).
- To assist and support Delegation's colleagues in better mainstreaming gender in programmers/projects in line with priorities set by the EU Delegation.
- To ensure the monitoring of implementation and to contribute to the evaluation of projects.
+ Representation, Negotiation, Participation:
- To maintain good and effective contacts with the beneficiaries in the field, with the national
authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States, with representatives of the principal international donors, as well as NGOs and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the results of projects are disseminated and outcomes presented at workshops, seminars, conferences or other public events.
- Liaise with other gender focal persons in the country and in Headquarters to maintain an effective network for exchanging and sharing experience. Join existing gender coordination mechanism in the country.
+ External Communication: Communication relating to EU supported programmes and projects
- To extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences;
- To contribute to the production of publications/information material;
+ University level education of a duration of at least 3 years: essential
- Formal education which corresponds to completed university studies of a least three years' duration attested by a diploma, preferably including subjects in one or more of the following domains: political sciences/social sciences/international relations;
- Competencies: Project management theory and practice. Understanding of EU structures and procedures.
+ 5 year(s): essential
Domains: Experience in project management, preferably in international context.
At least two, and preferably more, of the minimum of five years of prior professional experience should be directly pertinent to the type of duties to be carried out, including previous experience in working with civil society organizations.
Project Cycle Management
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to communicate in meetings: Very good
- Ability to understand and be understood: Very good
- Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information: Very good
- Capacity to present issues to an audience: Very good
- Ability to chair meetings: Good
- Drafting skills: Excellent
- Professional experience in the management of external aid actions to support civil society organisations.
- Management of Grant, Service and Supply Contracts.
- Knowledge of the procedures for the implementation of the general budget of the European Union.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multi-cultural environment and to handle issues of a sensitive political nature.
- Competence in monitoring, evaluation and other quality control and assessment techniques.
- Flexibility, accuracy, resistance to stress, committed to deadlines.
-The working hours will be 37.5 hours per week from Sunday to Thursday. The place of employment is Amman and the post is group I.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must send a motivation letter and their Curriculum Vitae to the attention of the Head of Administration by September 15th, 2019 by email: DELEGATION-JORDAN-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu. The subject title should clearly indicate: "Applying for Project Officer Post"
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification.