ECHO Amman Regional Office
The European Commission’s European Civil protection and Humanitarian aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The ECHO Amman is seeking to recruit one Administrative Assistant to be based in Amman (Reference: AA 2018-03). As part of the Jordan country team, the Administrative Assistant of the Amman Office, Jordan will carry out activities such as:
- Human resources and administrative support, including recruitment, staff files, training follow-up, welcome package, staff presence follow-up, support in preparation of contracts, assisting administration and finance tasks, maintaining expatriate staff visa and residence, following-up on protocol issues;
- Secretarial duties, including registering correspondence and communications, drafting correspondence, maintaining the filing and reference systems, ensures efficient and effective internal and external communication, provides assistance with respect to scheduling of meetings, maintains the stock and distribute stationery supplies;
- Front-desk service and telephone communications services, including monitors visitors to the office, manages and operates the switchboard, answering telephone, transmits messages, receives, registers and dispatch all office communication, assists in preparation for meetings, updates office staff contact list, keeps list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of stakeholders;
- General Administration Support, including provides administrative support, plays the focal role for the mission of all staff and leave requests, facilitate travel arrangements for staff, arranges hotel accommodation for visitors, maintains field trips schedule, organize and maintain a filing system for the secretarial related files, translates and interprets.
The candidates for this position need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to work in a multitasking position;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Fluency in English (verbal & writing);
- An excellent knowledge of Arabic.
The position is open to all nationals of Jordan and other residents holding a valid working permit or able to obtain such working permit before the foreseen recruitment.
Only applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV submitted on http://bit.ly/2I3WS1a until 24th March 2018 midnight Local Time Amman at the latest will be considered.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 30/05/2018 should consider that they have not been selected.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.