ECHO Amman Regional Office
The European Commission’s European Civil protection and Humanitarian aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including UN agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The ECHO Amman is seeking to recruit one Programme Officer (Reference PO 2018-01). As a part of the Jordan regional team, the Programme Officer of the Amman Regional Office will carry out activities such as:
- Contributes to the designing of ECHO overall strategy and policies;
- Appraises, monitors an evaluates partners’ projects financing requests and field operations Evaluate interim, final reports and requests for contract modifications submitted by partners and advise ECHO as appropriate;
- Assists with, participate in, and report on meetings, as appropriate;
- Pro-actively follows local or regional events that may impact on the humanitarian situation in the country/region; and drafts reports on the humanitarian situation as required;
- Operational and surge support to country offices (e.g. Egypt) and regional crisis coordination tasks;
- Conduct field missions for humanitarian assessments, monitoring and evaluation of ECHO funded operations and regional coordination Maintains contacts with ECHO’s partners and relevant humanitarian stakeholders and report on any major issue arising.
- A relevant second level university degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at national or international level in managing programme/project operations and/or coordination, including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO's, donor or national/international organisation;
- Proven experience in performing multi-tasking assignments with international organisations is an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of the EU and global humanitarian aid system as well as understanding of humanitarian aid principles, policies and standards;
- Applicants to this multi-tasking position should demonstrate independence, attitude for strategic thinking and planning, high sense of responsibility and proactivity towards team work and customers’ expectations;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills, availability to travel in the region even at short notice;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- An excellent knowledge of English and Arabic (verbal & writing).
The position is open to all nationals of Jordan and other residents holding a valid working permit or able to obtain such working permit before the foreseen recruitment. Only applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV submitted on https://www.akhtaboot.com/en/jordan/jobs/amman/73073-Programme-Officer-a... until 17th February 2018 midnight Local Time Amman at the latest will be considered.
The EUROPASS application and detailed Terms of Reference are available on the EU Delegation’s website as of 30/01/2018: http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/jordan/about_us/vacancies/index_en.htm
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 30/03/2018 should consider that they have not been selected.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.