The European Union Delegations to Yemen and Iraq are looking for:
A Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications) based in Amman
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Yemen and Iraq are part of the network of those 140 Delegations. The work of a Delegation varies from country to country but, in general, covers political matters, press and information, trade, aid management and the external aspects of internal EU policies. The EU Delegations are placed under the authority of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, who is also Vice President of the European Commission.
Functions and duties
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the supervision and responsibility of the Heads of Section:
• analyse the trends and developments in the information environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of the EU's values, policies and projects based on fact-based information and proactive communication;
• establish and maintain a network of key information environment experts in Yemen and Iraq, which could support the EU Delegation in its monitoring and awareness raising activities;
• connect with and support local and regional media initiatives specialising in fact-checking, qualitative journalism and healthy information environments across the region
• design, implement and coordinate campaigns, local outreach events and communication projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to addressing disinformation targeting the EU and its cooperation with Yemen and Iraq and the broader region;
• closely cooperate with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Force South and with the other Press and Information Officers;
The successful candidate will be based in Amman. Working time: 37.5 working hours/week. The contract ("local agent" type contract - Group I) will be concluded for an initial period of two years and that can then be renewed on an annual basis, should performance objectives be fulfilled
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Candidates for this local agent post should:
would be considered as strong assets.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-YEMEN-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu . The package should include a cover/motivation letter and a detailed CV (preferably Europass Format). The title of your message should clearly indicate, “EUD YEMEN/JORDAN _ POST 343404_ APPLICATION PRESS INFORMATION OFFICER”
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-YEMEN-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
After the deadline is reached, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post, on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents.
After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and, possibly, a written test. Interviews will be held in Amman, Jordan or via video-conferencing.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 11 August, 2021 at 02.00PM Amman local time