Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Legal Section of the EU Delegation to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, France, starting between September and November 2020, subject to respect to the local legislation as well as the national legislation of the candidate(s) if non-resident.
- Supervision of the execution of the ECtHR judgements, follow the CM-DH meetings, and drafting of the Weekly Report on Judgements by the ECtHR
- Follow the developments of the reform of the ECtHR, cooperation ECtHR/ECJ and the EU accession to ECHR and other CoE Conventions
- Attend meetings, reporting and following key dossiers of the Rapporteur Group GR-J (legal cooperation) and GR-H (human rights)
- Participate in the Committee of Ministers deputies' meetings and the EU Heads of Mission coordination meetings, preparing summaries and reporting
- Drafting meeting minutes, speaking points, briefings and notes
- Research and preparation of documents and notes
- Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents
- Follow up and supporting the organisation in the daily management of EUDEL activities (events, receptions, working lunches, meetings, logistic including documents preparation)
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Master's degree in international or EU and/or human rights law
- Excellent communication skills in English and proficiency in French
- Ability and willingness to work in an international environment
- Very good analytical and drafting skills
- Organisational skills, ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Independence and proactivity, capable of taking initiative in a high-pressure environment and of delivering good quality work output in tight deadlines
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Legal-Autumn 2020
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.