Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Indonesia?
What we offer?
A traineeship of minimum 3 and maximum6 months within the following sections of the EU Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam, and the EU Mission to ASEAN, starting in April 2020.
Description of the sections:
- The Political, Press and information section (PPI) is responsible for domestic and foreign policy political issues, including human rights, as well as for coordinating the Delegation/Mission's press and media activities.
- The Economic and Trade section (TRADE) is in charge of trade, investment and economic issues, notably in the context of the ongoing negotiation of the EU-Indonesia Comprehensive Economic Partnership (CEPA).
- The Cooperation Section (COOP) manages a comprehensive portfolio of development cooperation programmes with Indonesia and ASEAN.
- The ASEAN core team (ASEAN) leads and coordinates all activities and engagement with ASEAN, with the input of all sections of the Delegation.
- A dedicated Counsellor on Environment and Climate (ENV/CLI) feeds on substance and coordinates the engagement on key issues such as climate change, renewable energy, circular economy and biodiversity.
- A programme Manager (FPI) handles the EU financial instruments that implement public diplomacy activities and events, including economic diplomacy and cultural diplomacy.
- Support to monitoring, analyzing and reporting on the political and economic situation in Indonesia, both on domestic and foreign and security developments; conducting research and drafting briefings;
- Attend and report on external conferences and seminars as well as internal meetings of the Delegation to Indonesia and of the Mission to ASEAN;
- Support to press, information and public diplomacy activities and projects
- In addition, each intern will carry out a specific research project on a theme relevant to the EU relations with Indonesia and ASEAN, to be delivered by the end of the traineeship.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Written and oral fluency in English. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is an asset.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship –Acronym of the selected section (candidates are allowed to apply to 1 traineeship only, however based on your profile, the Delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.