Climate Change and Environment Programme Manager
(Development Cooperation Section)
The Delegation of the European Union (EU) in Jakarta is looking for Local Agent Group I to manage, under the supervision of the Head of the Cooperation Section, the preparation and follow-up of projects in the area of environment and climate change in Indonesia and with ASEAN.
Employment will be under an unlimited period contract after a probation period of 3 (three) months.
Knowledge and Experience of the applicant:
- University Degree in economics, development studies, natural resources, rural development, environment or similar
- Understanding of project management tools: logical framework, project cycle methodology, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge in several of the following areas: Climate change, rural development, natural resources, environment, community development, governance
- Minimum 2 year work experience in the identification, appraisal, financing implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation (full Project Cycle Management) of Development projects and proposals
- Minimum 5 year work experience in or with ASEAN countries
- Knowledge and understanding of the functioning of the Indonesian Governmental Bodies in order to develop working relationship with the EU
- Computer literate (and knowledge of commonly used programs such as Word, Excel, MS Project, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Excellent command of English (Written, Reading and Spoken)
- Excellent communication skills with external and internal contacts
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and to handle or participate in discussions with governments officials, sometimes at high level
- Ability to work as a team member with good interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fully independent in report reviewing/ writing and drafting of official correspondence
- Capability of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- As a personal quality, a keen interest in promoting cooperation between Europe and Indonesia/ ASEAN countries
- Project identification and appraisal in the areas of Environment and Climate Change
- Technical, financial and administrative follow up of relevant projects, including but not limited to:
- Preparation, follow up, monitoring, invoicing review and reporting of the relevant projects, including evaluation of reports and overall / annual work plans
- Monitoring of ongoing projects, including field visits, on the spot evaluation and control of payments and contracts performance
- Coordination and liaison:
- Liaison with relevant Indonesian Government Ministries and State Agencies, ASEAN Secretariat, NGOs and stakeholders, including participation and reporting on all relevant meetings
- Follow up of the activities of other donors and international organisations, analysis of their strategies
- Policy analysis and follow up of main developments in the relevant sectors, including Sustainable consumption and Production, Energy, Technology Transfer, Climate Change Mitigation.
The EU Delegation offers a good working environment with attractive benefits.
Starting salary: IDR 41,868,930 (gross salary)
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter and updated curriculum vitae. Applications without responding to the above required criteria will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The EU Delegation – in line with the publication of the vacancy as well as under more general considerations – does not provide feedback or opinions on applications received and neither on the evaluation process.
Applications will be accepted by the EU Delegation until
18 November 2019 at 16:00 PM Jakarta time
Email: DELEGATION-INDONESIA-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu (E-mail Only)
Vacancy Notice in PDF
Curriculum Vitae Form in DOC