An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
The EU funded Twinning Project "Strengthening the capacity of the Ukrainian National Standardization Body" is seeking to fill the position of the Administrative Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor.
Administrative Assistant to Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) in the EU funded Twinning Project "Strengthening the capacity of the Ukrainian National Standardization Body" between Germany, Austria, Romania and Spain to benefit the Ukrainian Scientific, Research and Training Centre on Standardization, Certification and Quality (UkrNDNC). The German RTA supervises the project implementation and coordinates all project activities. He is located in an office at the premises of the UkrNDNC in Kiev. The German national metrology institute (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, PTB), which is responsible for the project and financial management, will be the contracting institution to the RTA Administrative Assistant.
The purpose of the Twinning Project is to establish a system of standardization compatible with EU standardization system, thus supporting the implementation of Association Agreement / Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (AA/DCFTA) provisions in the area of technical barriers to trade (TBTs).
Area of responsibilities:
Under the guidance of RTA and in cooperation with the responsible counterparts at the UkrNDNC, the RTA Administrative Assistant will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- General support to the RTA in terms of administrative assistance, office management, correspondence, record keeping and filing, bookkeeping and accounting;
- Draft written materials in relation to the project in Ukrainian/ Russian/ English languages;
- Support the RTA in organisational, logistical and technical matters, especially with organising conferences, training sessions, workshops, meetings, expert missions and study visits of experts;
- Develop and maintain close working contacts and relations with Ukrainian officials involved in the Twinning Project, the Project Leaders from German, Lithuanian and Ukrainian side, the short-term experts and involved organisations in Ukraine and the GIZ project and financial management;
- Help arrange contacts or meetings, attend meetings and draft and disseminate minutes;
- Assist the RTA in monitoring and reporting tasks;
- Support the STEs in organisational and technical matters, including assistance to solve travel, accommodation and any related problems;
- Stand in for the RTA Language Assistant;
o Interpret during conferences, workshops, meeting and seminars or other oral conversations (assistant might be supported by professional interpretation for special tasks) from Ukrainian/ Russian to English and vice versa;
o Translate project documents (legal documents, regulations, training material, information material, reports and other written material) from Ukrainian/ Russian to English and vice versa;
o Assist the RTA, the RTA Language Assistant and the Short Term Experts involved in the project related to language problems;
o Assist the RTA and the RTA Language Assistant in identifying, contracting and monitoring commercial translation and interpretation services
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Requirements to candidates:
- University degree, preferably in the field of Public Administration, Translation or Interpreting or at least three years of professional experience in the relevant field/sector;
- At least three years of working experience in managing an office
- Previous work experience in international projects or organisations would be an advantage;
- Preferably knowledge of EU structures and terminology;
- Professional fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, English both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to familiarise quickly with standardisation terminology in Ukrainian/ Russian/ English languages;
- Excellent knowledge of office applications (e.g. MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point) and internet browsers;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations and to work in a team;
- Organisational and analytical skills and initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility to travel within Ukraine and Europe
The applicant may not be (or have been in the past 6 months) a civil servant or agent of UkrNDNC nor be on leave from UkrNDNC to take up the position.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week.
Duration of the contract: 24 months
Envisaged start of the contract: November/December 2018
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
We are looking forward to your application by e-mail comprising your CV and a cover letter until October
31st, 2018 to the following address email@example.com.
Short-listed candidates are invited for an interview November 6th, 2018 at the premises of UkrNDNC in Kyiv.