An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme that supports projects, partnerships, mobility and dialogue in education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020. Built on the experience and success of existing programmes, it aims at boosting skills and employability, as well as modernising Education, Training, and Youth work in the EU and in its partner countries all over the world. Erasmus+ includes a strong international dimension notably in the fields of higher education and youth.
The National Erasmus+ Offices (NEO) assist the Commission, the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), and the Partner Country authorities concerned in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. Their mandate covers all supporting, promotion, monitoring and dissemination activities related to the international dimension of Erasmus+ activities in higher education (Credit Mobility, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees, Capacity-building Higher Education, Jean Monnet).
For additional information on Erasmus +, please consult:
Recruitment of a local coordinator for the Erasmus+ Office in Kosovo (KEO)
The Erasmus+ Programme is managed by the European Commission with the support of its Executive Agency (EACEA) in Brussels.
The Kosovo Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, the EU Office in Kosovo and the Executive Agency (EACEA) are launching a procedure to recruit a new local coordinator for the KEO.
Start date for Employment: 02 January 2019
Contract duration: until 31/12/2020
Salary: to be defined in accordance with seniority/previous experience of the candidate.
Workload: fulltime position
Description of the post:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the following activities:
· Promotion, information and follow up of Erasmus+ and other relevant EU programmes (as Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme, Maria Sklodowska): to inform the higher education institutions and all other interested parties about developments regarding EU programmes of interest to the higher education field; organise information campaigns and training sessions; update and maintain a website on upcoming calls for proposals, promotion material and activities, etc.
· Advice and support to potential applicants at local level interested to apply for Erasmus + in the field of higher education; provide assistance to find partners.
· Project monitoring: establish and maintain contacts with grant holders in Kosovo; follow-up and monitor on-going projects in Kosovo and timely report to EACEA; provide advice and assistance to grant holders on administrative and fiscal matters in Kosovo (e.g. tax, customs, purchase of equipment, etc.) as well as on the grant agreement provisions and visa arrangements; follow-up the sustainability of completed projects; support the dissemination of project results.
· Follow up of higher education issues: Follow the activities of the Erasmus+ Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs); draft briefing papers and notes, as well as reports on the implementation and progress of projects in which the higher education institutions in Kosovo are involved.
· Administration of the KEO: Organize and manage the Erasmus+ Office in full respect of the NEO Code of Conduct and terms of reference. Manage the technical and administrative staff; establish the rules and procedures for the functioning of the office; monitor the KEO budget and follow up financial issues; use the resources available for a proper functioning of the KEO; represent the Erasmus+ programme towards the Ministries, universities and external stakeholders; support the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs); draft KEO implementation reports.
· Coordination: Cooperate and closely liaise with the Executive Agency (EACEA), EU Delegation and the European Commission (2-3 coordination meetings per year in Brussels); establish effecting working relations with the other NEOs in partner countries and Erasmus+ National Agencies in the Erasmus+ programme countries; collaborate with the local authorities, Ministries, Erasmus+ contact persons in the universities, in the respect of respective competences of each entity; liaise with other bodies, donors and organisations operating in higher education.
Minimum requirements for the post
· University Master degree; a PhD would be an advantage;
· At least 5 years of relevant general experience working in Education or in a position related to Education;
· Relevant experience in the preparation, management and/or evaluation of projects and more preferably in the field of Higher Education;
· Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills;
· Excellent language skills: oral and written fluency in English and Albanian. Good knowledge of Serbian is an additional asset;
· Leadership, team spirit, commitment as well as a strong sense of initiative;
· Very good knowledge of the local and international environment and the academic world;
· Readiness to travel inside and, occasionally, outside Kosovo.
Other experience to be considered:
· Good understanding of the higher education sector and the developments taking place in the region;
· Previous experience with international project management and knowledge of project cycle management;
· Experience in training and communication;
· Good computer literacy (word, excel, power point).
How and Where to apply
Motivation letter and CV to be sent to the following email address:
Please mention the following in your email subject title: "Application – KEO-Kosovo"
Deadline for applications: 1 October 2018, midnight Brussels time
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to each applicant.
Interviews planned: November 2018
The selection of the candidates will be carried out by a Selection Committee composed by representatives of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in Kosovo, the EU Office in Kosovo and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The selection will be organised in two steps:
1. The Selection Committee will analyse the motivation letter and CVs of eligible applicants on the basis of which it will prepare a shortlist for interviews;
2. The Selection Committee will hold interviews with the persons shortlisted in order to assess the candidate's competences, specialist knowledge and motivation required for performing the duties.
The Selection Committee will then propose the name of the candidate to be confirmed jointly by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, the EU Office and the Executive Agency.
In addition, a reserve list of additional candidates may be established.
Please note that the Selection Committee's work and deliberations are strictly confidential and that any contact with its members is strictly forbidden.
The European Commission applies a policy of equal opportunities.
 Erasmus+ programme countries refer to the 28 EU Member States and any other countries that has signed an agreement with the European Commission in order to become a country participating in full in the programme; for the time being these countries are Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey and the Former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;