The EIB, the European Union’s bank is seeking to recruit for its EIB External Representation Division (EER) an:
for the Regional Representation for Latin America in Bogotá.
Full time position
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is the European Union’s financial institution. The EIB’s Regional Representation for Latin America is located in Bogota. We are seeking to appoint an Office Assistant to run the administration of the office under the supervision of the Head of Office, and provide secretarial support to other professionals in the office by ensuring the efficient organisation of the Representation, the timely completion of tasks and the achievement of objectives. The Office Assistant will report to the Head of Office.
The Office Assistant will formally report to the Head of Office; under his/her supervision and in cooperation with the EER team at Headquarters, s/he will provide general support to visiting EIB staff and will perform a wide range of administrative and coordination duties for the Office, in particular in the following areas:
- Take full ownership for the management of office administration: ensure efficiency of processes, respect of policies and propose administration and logistics improvement
- Administer the office budget
- Possibly to handle autonomously the Office’s relationship with all facility vendors/brokers to ensure the provision and maintenance of office facilities, services supplies and IT equipment, in close collaboration with internal counterparts. Co-ordinate with the EER Team all IT and Facilities Management-related projects as required
- Possibly oversee in close cooperation with the Head of Office all office service and maintenance contracts, whilst ensuring implementation and quality control
- Possibly keep track in a cost efficient manner of the office supply inventory and ensure all necessary office insurances and kept up-to-date
- Possibly to ensure proper management of administrative tasks related to accounting and procurement: input in the EIB administrative system and following-up of book-keeping, payment of invoices, preparation of bank transfers, management of local bank account (if any), local administrative permissions, petty cash,
- Possibly establishing and maintaining contact with local external providers and building maintenance in order to solve logistic urgencies as well as a smooth planning of the office maintenance
- Possibly deal with a variety of requests related to working environment (space planning, services and interventions, moves, equipment, supplies, access rights, etc.)
- Assist the Head of Office in regularly updating the Office Handbook
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT
- Provide secretarial support to the Office, assisting the Head of Office and where there is a local Loan Officer during the lending process and in monitoring of projects.
- Organise and follow-up diaries, meetings, missions and mail
- Handle telephone contacts with clients and channeling contacts to the appropriate persons within the Bank
- Type, edit, distribute and file minutes, reports, presentations and other documents
- Maintain regular contacts with the SG/IS/EER Team at Headquarters
- Handle and update filing systems and databases
- Provide general administrative assistance to visiting EIB personnel
- Possibly to assist in any protocol related matters and similar activities
- Organise videoconferences and conference calls, as well as power point presentations
- Secondary level education, completed with a 2 year certification in a relevant field (secretarial studies, business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience preferably in a financial/banking operational
Familiarity with basic accounting principles (i.e. required for maintaining the petty cash ledger and monthly office cost reporting)
Excellent knowledge of standard computer tools (Microsoft office) and adaptability to new ones
- Excellent command of English and Spanish. Good knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules
The position is open for any person having permanent residence and work in the country (valid work and residence permits).
A renewable one-year contract will be offered to the selected candidate.
Interested candidates can send an application in English including CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 24 september 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability