The European Commission’s European Civil protection and Humanitarian aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The ECHO Damascus is seeking to recruit 1 administrative and finance assistant to be based in Damascus (Reference: AFA-DAM-2018-04)
As a part of the Syria country team, the administrative and finance assistant of the Damascus Office, Syria will carry out activities such as:
- Budget & Finance: Prepares the annual budget and its amendments, reviews and ensures eligibility and accuracy of invoices, creates orders and payment, prepares bank and petty cash disbursements, reviews the draft monthly financial reports, performs monthly financial closures, follows-outstanding cash advances, conducts cash count, monitor the monthly cash position and forecast reports, Maintains the petty cash boxes, cheque books, ensure that bank account statements are updated, maintains the budget forecast, manages financial archives.
- Human Resources: Assists in the recruitment process, prepares employment contracts, prepares & pay monthly salaries, maintains an overview of expatriate staff’s visa and residence permit, maintains national personnel files, follows-up office rolling plan, follow-up Medical/Accident insurance, carries out briefing of newly recruited personnel.
- General Administration Support: Drafts administrative and financial notes, updates Fiche Bureau, report any irregularities with financial, administrative, personnel or logistic matters, plays an active role in procurement of goods and services for office, maintains records of lease and service contracts, manages vehicle taxes and insurance, coordinates exemption requests and follows-up VAT reimbursements status with the EU Delegation, maintains the electronic filing structure, maintains and updates administrative and financial files, maintains appropriate contacts with government offices and officials of various local organisations, deals with travel arrangements for the office personnel
The candidates for this position need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- A relevant first level university degree or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience at national or international level in the area of administration or programme support service including experience in procurement, human resources and finances;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage;
- Very Good drafting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Capable of working under pressure in a multitasking position.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- An excellent knowledge of Arabic and English Languages.
The position is open to all nationals of Syria and other residents holding a valid working permit.
Only applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV submitted on www.job.sy website or to email address firstname.lastname@example.org, until 17 of June 2018 midnight Local Time Damascus at the latest will be considered.
The detailed Terms of Reference:
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 30th of August 2018 should consider that they have not been selected.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.