The Delegation of the European Union in Jakarta
has a vacancy for a
The Delegation of the European Union in Jakarta is looking for a Local Agent Group I to assist in ensuring, under the supervision of the Head of the Finance & Contracts Section, that the contractual and financial management of the European Union cooperation and development projects and programmes are carried out in line with the rules and regulations in force.
Employment will be under an unlimited period contract after a probation period of 3 (three) months.
Knowledge and Experience of the applicant:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Accounting/Financial Management or similar.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in either Finance, Accounting and/or in the identification, appraisal, financing implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation (full Project Cycle Management) of Development and Economic projects and proposals.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in or with ASEAN countries.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the functioning of the Indonesian Governmental Bodies in order to develop working relationship with the European Union.
- Good knowledge of the European Union Financial Regulations, Rules and Procedures.
- Capabilities to perform the financial evaluation of proposals and work-plans including the aspects related to policy, technology, institution, economic issues, contract management and sustainability.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Computer literate (and knowledge of commonly used programs such as Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.;)
- Excellent command of English (Written, Read and Spoken). Working knowledge in French is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and to handle or participate in discussions with governments officials, sometimes at high level.
- Ability to work as a team member with good inter-personal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fully independent in report reviewing/writing and drafting of official correspondence.
- Capability of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines.
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time.
- As a personal quality, a keen interest in promoting cooperation between Europe and Indonesia/ASEAN countries.
- Assist the Projects Officers in the Delegation and at Headquarters with legal, financial and operational advice throughout the life cycle of the programs (programming, preparation, implementation and closure) to ensure their timely and correct implementation.
- Assist in calls for proposals (grants) and calls for tenders (public procurement contracts).
- Manage contracts throughout their full life cycle.
- Prepare, organise and provide training in contractual and financial procedures to colleagues and grant beneficiaries, and counterparts of the beneficiary countries.
- Initiate all financial transactions related to the implementation of projects managed by the Delegation (commitments, payments, recoveries) and verify their accuracy and legality.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and statistics.
- Register, file and archive all financial documents and correspondence according the prevailing rules.
- Perform field controls and audit and assist audits initiated by Headquarters.
- Assist in the follow-up of audit reports and discharge procedure.
The EU Delegation offers a good working environment with attractive benefits.
Starting salary: IDR 33,150,710
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter and the attached curriculum vitae form only. Applications without responding to the above required criteria will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applications will be accepted by the EU Delegation
at the latest by 16 February 2017 at 12:00 noon
via e-mail only
Click HERE for the vacancy notice in pdf version
Click HERE for the CV form