Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in India?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the following sections of the EU Delegation to India, starting in May 2020.
Political affairs section (POL)
Building on and strengthening the new momentum of EU-India relations in the Political and Security fields, promoting Democracy and Human Rights
- Produce the daily press review, from analysing the Indian printed press and online media, including opinion pieces.
- Contribute to the Delegation's reporting on current developments in India as well as on events/seminars organised by the Delegation or others institutions.
- Support to public diplomacy activities for events, marking of international days, social media feeds (small articles, photos, FB posts and tweets).
- Produce a social media monitor, from the websites and social media of Indian government and key politicians, and of select Embassies.
- Take notes and draft minutes for EU Coordination Meetings with EU Member States, and for internal Delegation meetings, assistance to the drafting of minutes, support to meeting management
Press & Information section (PI)
Concentrates on increasing the visibility of EU via social media campaigns, EU film festivals, organising press events, etc.
- Deal with Indian and international press and media.
- Running public diplomacy campaigns, including the Delegation's website and social media channels.
- Contribute to the conceptualization and implementation of large-scale events such as the European Union Film Festival across multiple cities in India.
- Support the running of other PR activities on an ad-hoc basis e.g. presentations, conferences, and seminars
Environment section (ENV)
Environment, Energy and Climate mainstreaming - supporting low carbon growth path based on EU experience
- Helping shape the sections cooperation with India on environment, transport, urbanisation, energy and climate change.
- Helping strengthen the existing cooperation with EU Member States
- Contribute to the sections reporting to Brussels.
- Specific research tasks based on the candidates' interest and expertise
Trade section (TRA)
Contributes to the development of closer economic and trade relations between the EU and India by taking part in negotiations, supporting HQ, developing contacts with local authorities, Member States, etc. to ensure substantial and adequate bilateral relations between the EU and India
- Work on aspects of EU-India trade and economic relations in a large variety of economic sectors, ranging from agriculture to financial services.
- Focus on market access and/or regulatory issues.
- Involve in activities related to areas such as migration policy.
- Prepare reports on issues covered by the section.
- Attend and report on meetings, seminars and other events.
- Provide research support to the section on the basis of need.
- Participate in the organization and reporting of monthly meetings of EU economic/commercial and agriculture counsellors.
Research & Innovation section (R&I)
The section ensures participation of Indian entities (research institutes, universities, scientists and SMEs/Industry) in EU's R&I programme 'Horizon 2020', enhances/develops cooperation on Innovation, pro-active communication on R&I and role in society and EU-India partnership, including through close cooperation with Member States.
- Work on cooperation on research and innovation between the European Union and India,
- Closely follow the developments on research and innovation in India with a focus on innovation and understanding the innovation ecosystem to enhance co-creation and development between India and European companies and research institutes.
- Produce reports on issues covered by the section.
- Attend and report on meetings, seminars and other events.
- Provide research support to the section based on need.
- Participate in the organization and reporting of monthly meetings of EU S&T Counsellors.
Cooperation section (COOP)
Promotes policy coherence for Development in bilateral and multilateral dialog, increases visibility of Erasmus+ in India, increases the number of Indian students and universities applying to and successfully getting Erasmus+ financing, promotion of democracy and human rights, including gender equality
- Follow attentively Indian Developments on Co-operation and with the donor partners (UN organizations, WB, etc.) and EU Members States.
- Collect information and prepare reports on relevant subjects like, education, health, environment, energy.
- Attend conferences and workshops on the same above-mentioned issues and report accordingly.
- Assist the team in tasks related to the leadership of EU Development Counsellors meeting (prepare input, attend the meetings, draft minutes).
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship –Acronym of the selected section (candidates are allowed to apply to 1 traineeship only, however based on your profile, the Delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.