An official website of the European Union. See all European Institutions
(The deadline for applications for this post has been extended to 24 July).
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation in Iceland represents the European Union in Iceland, working in close coordination with the Embassies of the EU Member States. The Delegation's main tasks are to facilitate the development of political and economic relations between the EU and Iceland and to inform the general public and other specific audiences about various EU related matters.
We offer a post of Office Support Agent (also performing duties of a driver). Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration and overall supervision and responsibility of the Heads of Delegation.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Assist with infrastructure, logistics and procurement – contribute to monitor the physical assets of the Delegation (offices, residence, vehicles, equipment, supplies, etc.);
• Assist in budget-related matters (preparation of budget requests, follow-up of credits consumption, verification of invoices, preparation of payments, etc.);
• Provide general administrative support by monitoring the diary, answering phone calls, taking messages and responding to general enquiries;
• Assist in the storage, reproduction, general/short translation, circulation and retrieval of documents, in compliance with the regulations in force; record and dispatch mail under the supervision of secretaries; prepare routine correspondence when required;
• Provide logistics support for the organisation of events, meetings and missions;
• Follow up administrative arrangements related to the arrival of new officials (protocol, accommodation, etc.);
• Assistance to central IT support services and the Head of Administration with IT infrastructure;
• Person transport – driver of the Head of Delegation, driving staff members and visitors to official engagements, meetings, missions in the vicinity of Reykjavik or other parts of Iceland, delivery and collection of mail, documents, packages etc.; maintenance of the vehicle (driving tasks account for approximately 25% of the working time, however the job holder is the only staff member authorised to drive the official vehicle);
• General handyman – assistance with maintenance and minor repair, logistics and technical assistance in the delegation's office, the residence of the Head of Delegation or any other property rented by the Delegation;
• Any other task as requested by the Head of Delegation or his delegate according to the needs of the service.
The recruited person will work in multicultural environment. He / she may be required to work overtime and outside of the usual office working hours (driving the Head of Delegation to evening representative events, early / late airport transfers etc.) as well as occasionally go on missions abroad. As a driver he /she may be exposed to weather. The recruited person will operate a vehicle (category B) and basic repair tools.
Place of employment: Reykjavik.
Starting basic salary: 348841 ISK (to be increased for each year of previous work experience relevant to the post, plus an annual step increase thereafter).
We look for a person who fulfils the following minimum requirements:
For the description of levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) please consult the link: http://www.coe.int/en/web/common-european-framework-reference-languages/level-descriptions
Fit to drive a B category vehicle, fit to perform office duties including manual work (no heavy manual work)
Other requirements which will be "considered an asset"
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-ICELAND-HOA@eeas.europa.eu
Your application should include your motivation letter and a detailed CV (both in English).
You are encouraged to use the attached standard CV below.
Description of a selection procedure:
Selection Committee will make a pre-selection of candidates on the basis of the qualifications and the professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter and other relevant eligibility criteria.
The pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview / assessment procedure so that the Selection Committee can evaluate them objectively and impartially on the basis of the requirements set out by the vacancy notice and other relevant criteria. Assessment procedure may include a driving test and written tests to evaluate candidate's skills as office support staff.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-ICELAND-HOA@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for applications is: 24 July 2017