The European Union Delegation to Guyana hosts its annual Europe Day reception on 7 May 2019.
The event will start at 6:30 pm and end at 8:30 pm.
Europe Day, also referred to as "Schuman Day", is an annual celebration of peace and unity in Europe. In Guyana this celebration brings together more than 50 European and 150 dignitaries and international partners.
This event is an excellent opportunity for companies/organisations to promote their image, brands/activities through corporate sponsorship-collaboration with the European Union Delegation to Guyana.
Main criteria(à discuter)
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should be in line with the principles, values and commitments of the European Union.
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should not undermine EU policies in such areas as foreign policy, social, health and environment.
- The Sponsor could be public or private organisations and companies.
- Sponsors cannot entail a possible conflict with the mission and objectives of the European Union.
- The Sponsor must not be in a situation referred to in Articles 136 (1) and 141 (1) of the Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2018/1046 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 July 2018 on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union, amending Regulations (EU) No 1296/2013, (EU) No 1301/2013, (EU) No 1303/2013, (EU) No 1304/2013, (EU) No 1309/2013, (EU) No 1316/2013, (EU) No 223/2014, (EU) No 283/2014, and Decision No 541/2014/EU and repealing 14 Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012. For this, the Sponsor is requested to provide the attached declaration on honour on exclusion and selection criteria.
What can sponsors expect from the European Union Delegation
- By signing the Corporate Sponsoring Agreement the parties agree on the terms and conditions for the corporate sponsoring.
- The sponsors will be provided with exposure and visibility in the following ways:
- Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be mentioned on the venue of the reception
- Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be imprinted on invitation cards
- Sponsors can expect the Head of Delegation to acknowledge their contribution in his speech.
- Sponsors will be provided with a stand in the entry hall of the event and may distribute to participants promotional material of their activities.
- The sponsors will have up to X invitations to offer to their contacts, after prior notification of the contacts' names to the European Union Delegation for the purpose of the normal security and entry procedures.
- Sponsors will not be allowed to active marketing of their product/services nor be authorized to have sales personnel present for promotional activities during the event.
Commitments of the sponsor:
Those who are selected as sponsors will be invited to contribute to the May 7th event in form of services or supply of goods.
Only contributions in-kind will be accepted.
Financial contributions are prohibited by the Financial Rules of the European Institutions.
Contributions could include:
- Provision of various products, such as promotion materials, food catering inclusive of cutlery and crockery, napkins, drinks inclusive of champagne, wine and drinking glasses, sound system, flowers.
- Provision of services, such as venue with cocktail tables, buffet tables, seating tables and chairs.
- Provision of staff support, such as waiters, event coordinator on site.
Sponsors may suggest other form of sponsorship in-kind.
Sponsors must declare the value in Euro of the in-kind provided goods and/or services.
Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS registers all sponsorships above 1.000 EUR and registers and publishes all sponsorships above 5.000 EUR on the Delegations web-sites and official website of the EEAS.
Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS processes personal data in accordance
with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. In case personal data needs to be transmitted to any sponsors, as recipient, the organisation is required to ensure the same level of data protection guaranteed by the EU data protection framework, and in particular Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Sponsors will not have a say on the substance of the event
Review & Selection
- The European Union Delegation to Guyana will review the applications and will determine the organizations/companies that best align with the core objective of the event to be sponsored. Selection criteria include the sponsorship appeal in terms of goods or services provided and coherence between the sponsored Europe Day event and promotion of the sponsor.
- The European Union Delegation to Guyana reserves the right not to accept proposals which, because of the nature of the sponsorship or of the sponsor's activities, are deemed incompatible with the institutional role of the European Union. The European Union Delegation to Guyana also reserves the right to refuse any sponsorship not deemed consistent with the purpose of the May 9th event.